Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Techart TCX-01 Smart Adapter for EOS Lenses on X1D  (Read 560 times)

Fotophil

Techart TCX-01 Smart Adapter for EOS Lenses on X1D
« on: May 13, 2019, 02:51:50 pm »

I use the Canon 17mm, 24mm-II and 50mm EOS TS-E tilt shift manual focus lenses on my X1D. Electronic aperture control of the Canon EOS Lenses requires the use of a smart adapter. My very preliminary testing shows that the Techart TCX-01 Smart Adapter seems to provide reliable aperture control directly through the X1D interface. Although the adapter is supposed to also provide AF function on some Canon EOS AF Lenses, my testing with the Canon 11-24mm AF Zoom was not able to get the AF function to work at all. Since I have no interest in using Canon AF lenses on the X1D the Techart TCX-01Adapter is fine for my application but beware that the AF function may be a problem. The bad news is that the adapter is pretty pricey. Check E-bay - I paid $425 including 2 Day Fed Ex from China. Kipon makes a very good EOS aperture controller for the X1D that sells for around $360 but it uses a stand alone control rather than using the X1D Interface liks the Techart.

rastas

Re: Techart TCX-01 Smart Adapter for EOS Lenses on X1D
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 07:00:36 pm »

For whatever its worth, you wont be able to use flash with those lenses and adapter on the x1d.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up