Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for chic clamshell-style presentation boxes for fine art prints  (Read 810 times)

Yvan Bedard

• Yvan Bedard Photo Nature

Hello everyone,

There are nice clamshell boxes of archival quality in a few places on the web. However, I'm looking for something that can be imprinted with my logo and the title of the series of fine art photos (8x10, 11x14 and 13x19).

I have already bought archival boxes and clamshell boxes of archival quality, but it is for storage and not really for chic presentation (ex. for corporate gifts to employees or prestigious visitors).

I have seen wedding photo boxes but they are typically for mariage books. Similarly, there are also nice book boxes. However, the clamshell-style boxes allow for easy manipulation of single photos (without and with a mat) and more adapted to photo presentation.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Yvan
Yvan
Fine-art landscape photographer in Quebec City, Canada
http://yvanbedardphotonature.com

deanwork

I have mine made at www.portfoliobox.com. They have been around a long long time with a stellar reputation. They can use all kinds of custom fabrics and do excellent text or logo stamping. I don’t know anyone else who does that stamping. There may be I just haven’t heard of anyone else doing that quality work. I’ve used them for about 18 years. They are used by some of the best galleries and museums. It takes awhile to have them made. They are a small company.

Hello everyone,

There are nice clamshell boxes of archival quality in a few places on the web. However, I'm looking for something that can be imprinted with my logo and the title of the series of fine art photos (8x10, 11x14 and 13x19).

I have already bought archival boxes and clamshell boxes of archival quality, but it is for storage and not really for chic presentation (ex. for corporate gifts to employees or prestigious visitors).

I have seen wedding photo boxes but they are typically for mariage books. Similarly, there are also nice book boxes. However, the clamshell-style boxes allow for easy manipulation of single photos (without and with a mat) and more adapted to photo presentation.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Yvan

JeanMichel

Bonjour Yvan,

Contact one or more of custom bookbinders (relieurs) in your area. I know of an excellent one in Toronto, but I am sure that there are some excellent ones in Quebec too.

Jean-Michel

Yvan Bedard

I have mine made at www.portfoliobox.com. They have been around a long long time with a stellar reputation. They can use all kinds of custom fabrics and do excellent text or logo stamping. I don’t know anyone else who does that stamping. There may be I just haven’t heard of anyone else doing that quality work. I’ve used them for about 18 years. They are used by some of the best galleries and museums. It takes awhile to have them made. They are a small company.

Thanks a lot for your testimonial. This is exactly what I'm looking for. I saw their web site and kept it in my favorites (as you say, very few seem to offer such a service). I wasn't sure about their price for small quantities of custom product and their delivery delays. You kind of answered the last one, I'll have to write them for 2-3 quotes. Their stock clamshell price is good.

Yvan

Yvan Bedard

Bonjour Yvan,

Contact one or more of custom bookbinders (relieurs) in your area. I know of an excellent one in Toronto, but I am sure that there are some excellent ones in Quebec too.

Jean-Michel

Bonjour Jean-Michel,

I met 3 bookbinders in Quebec City.

The first one wanted to charge me more than $1000 for a chic clamshell 13x19. He's an international-level bookbinder (Awards in Canada and Europe) but had obviously no interest in my project, he's used to work only with big organisations paying big price. He was unable to make the clamshell with archival quality. He was very snob. Sometimes, becoming famous makes people behave badly (BTW, I have a much more prestigious carreer in engineering than he has, but I didn't talk to him about this  ;) ). The second one didn't have the equipment for such a size. The third one never replied to my email and call (still in business??).

I'll look in other regions as I didn't find other professional bookbinders with good websites in my city.

If you can send me a private email with the name of your bookbinder in Toronto, I may contact him if I don't find one in Montreal or other city in the province.

Thanks a lot !
Yvan

JeanMichel

Hi Yvan,

PM sent with the info.

Yvan Bedard

Hi Yvan,

PM sent with the info.

Received and answered !