Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael - what projector do you use?  (Read 10056 times)

Gellman

• http://www.jgphoto.com
Michael - what projector do you use?
« on: November 10, 2006, 02:12:41 am »

Michael,

I don't recall you ever mentioning on this site what projector you use when making photo presentations. Do you own a projector? What projectors have you used that you think produce images that look particularly good? Do you have an opinion on LCD vs. DLP projectors?

Thanks for sharing any information that you can.

John

michael

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 04:07:06 am »

I have a Mitsubishi model from about 3 years ago. State of the art then, middle of the road now.

There are so many models, and they change so quickly that it's impossible for a single person to keep up. Some of the computer magazines and web sites keep track with comparative reviews from time to time.

Michael

Tim Ernst

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:05:20 am »

A note about projector choice - it is not always the actual projector but how it is profiled that can make a big difference in your image presentation. Case in point - last night I gave a presentation to a large crowd in a local movie theater. I had planned to use their $15,000/50 pound Sanyo projector instead of the little Epson projector that I normally use for presentations ($2,500, 7 lbs). I forgot to bring along my EyeOne Beamer to make a profile for that projector and the result was that we were never able to get accurate color out of it, despite trying a couple dozen different profiles and even trying to calibrate the projector on the fly. So I ended up using my tiny Epson projector that I brought along as a back up - I use this projector all the time so had a recent EyeOne-generated profile for it. It was kind of funny to see that this little projector produced an identical image to the giant one - both were native 1024 x 768 - and the image was just as bright. But my little projector was so much better simply because I was able to get accurate color out of it due to being able to use a custom profile. So no matter what projector you use, you really need good profile for it in order to get the best images - and bigger/more expensive is not always better!
Pages: [1]   Go Up