Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The secret to improve...  (Read 1011 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
The secret to improve...
« on: May 08, 2019, 01:01:17 am »

http://dslrbodies.com/technique/technique-articles/improving-the-photographer/hope-versus-fear.html

I am sure all of us already do this, but posting just in case... ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

32BT

• Pictures
Re: The secret to improve...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 03:11:52 am »

I maintain that there is an interesting relation between "hope" and "expectation". When people tell me "I hope you have a great time!" I always wonder whether that means that they perhaps "expect" the chances of me having a good time to be less than favourable. Of course, it could be insecurity on my part: I always hope to take a good picture, but perhaps that means I expect the chances of me taking a good picture to be less than ...

Wait, next time I go out shooting, I will just tell myself I expect good pictures. Period.

From now on I'll wish people a good time by telling them I expect them to have it. To quote Morgan Freeman in "The Shawshank Redemption": Hope is a dangerous thing.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

rdonson

Re: The secret to improve...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 12:17:17 pm »

Bernard, thanks for sharing.

Isn't this common sense?  I'm not sure why this is in anyway related to DSLRs (only?).

For years I shot sports and wildlife with a Canon 1D2 and Canon lenses. Then I moved from a Canon 7D with Canon lenses to Fuji X-T and Fuji lenses.  It didn't change how I shot sports or wildlife.  I got identical results although for me, the controls on the Fuji made my life easier.  The Fuji did lessen my fatigue at the end of the day though (lighter and smaller gear).

I still shoot with high frame rates but I still know when to lift off the button.   ;)
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up