Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New (to me) m43 system  (Read 617 times)

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
New (to me) m43 system
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:39:07 pm »

I finally took the plunge and bought my first mirrorless camera, a Panasonic GX85 recently. Got the 2 lens kit (12-32, 45-150 variable aperture zooms) pretty cheaply since it's not the latest model.
I got it mostly for video since my Pentax stuff doesn't do that very well but I have to say it's a nice little kit and I'm using it as a walk around too.
I don't see myself using it for dedicated landscape outings but for something small to have on hand that is better than a phone, I think it will be handy.
I took it ski touring last weekend and the photos are decent but maybe not quite what I think I could get with my usual setup. Shooting using the screen feels weird to be as well.

I've been getting used to it and trying to get it dialed for the best performance for how I shoot.
If you have one of these and have any tips, tricks, or useful info, I'd love to hear it.
One thing i know I need to be careful with is keeping it dry. I'm used to my weather resistant Pentax gear so I'll need to keep that in mind.

Here's a ski photo from Saturday taken with the 12-32. That lens is nice for this kind of thing because it retracts so small it's easy to keep handy in my jacket pocket.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:43:46 pm by MattBurt »
-MattB

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
Re: New (to me) m43 system
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 02:49:09 pm »

I wish I had that kind of snow access where I live.  I still have to wait for some passes to open, otherwise, it is a long drive.  Yes, I have been using my Micro Four Thirds for most of my outdoor adventures.  The Panasonic 12-35 2.8 is a fantastic lens, and it still is compact.  Happy skiing!

Hugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up