Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spectraview II Win 10 Irritation win PA322  (Read 574 times)

lhodaniel

Spectraview II Win 10 Irritation win PA322
« on: May 04, 2019, 09:02:05 am »

As I think I've mentioned, I'm flirting with switching back to Windows after 3 years with Macbook Pro. It's probable I'll do so. I've hooked up my old 2012 Sandy Bridge PC with a new GPU to try before I buy parts and upgrade. This is driven by the relative slowness of Mac and Mojave for Enhance Details and the Topaz AI apps compared to Windows, and orders-of-magnitude better bang-for-buck with non-Apple hardware.

My previous Windows experience with SVII on windows was with a PA241. So, I didn't have to deal with HiDPI scaling issues then. I'm having a problem with the screen in SVII that instructs to do a dark calibration of my i1 Pro. Under the normal Windows settings of 3840x2160 and 150% scaling, that screen is enlarged to the point that I can't access the "continue" or "cancel" buttons in the bottom left corner. Going to 200% (integer multiple of pixels) doesn't help. The only way I get a centered screen is to use 100%, i.e. full UHD. Then the text is so small on the reports screens etc. that I can barely read it. I find it difficult to believe that NEC made a UHD display and didn't update SVII Win to operate in a scaled mode.

I've emailed NEC, but was wondering if any of you have encountered this issue and have a more reasonable solution.

Lloyd
Pages: [1]   Go Up