Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sky on fire  (Read 587 times)

p2images

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 75
    • P2 Images
Sky on fire
« on: May 03, 2019, 07:40:31 pm »

Logged
Thank you,
Stephen Dubois

biker

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 198
  • powered by a pair of quadriceps
Re: Sky on fire
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 07:55:08 am »

Stitching a scene with a rippled sea surface isn't an easy task.
While one could find thousands of similar pictures on the internet, it's still nice to look at and enjoy its colours.
Logged
Don't wait until the flock moves.
Be first to comment. (Unless you haven't got anything to say.)

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Sky on fire
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 10:11:46 am »

Nice catch.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2628
  • I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Sky on fire
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 03:50:50 pm »

Stitching a scene with a rippled sea surface isn't an easy task.

Yup, been there, done that and then been forced to reluctantly delete what could have been a winning pano - however, I am not sure and I haven't even tried it yet, but I do believe if you have a camera with the availability of a rolling shutter/digital shutter (Sony for instance) and you have the continuous pan/stitch functionality of say an iPhone (not the Sony for instance), then you can easily get around this problem I think, but then all the waves will curl towards the direction you have panned, but probably a lot better than a fail.

Anyway, nice seascape sunset and beautiful colours  ;)

Dave
Logged

p2images

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 75
    • P2 Images
Re: Sky on fire
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 10:57:10 am »

Stitching a scene with a rippled sea surface isn't an easy task.
While one could find thousands of similar pictures on the internet, it's still nice to look at and enjoy its colours.
Agreed, it isn't that special but they are all unique so there's that. :)
Logged
Thank you,
Stephen Dubois

p2images

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 75
    • P2 Images
Re: Sky on fire
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 11:00:36 am »


Agreed, I used the panoramic option for perceptual which somehow lined the waves up at the expense of a lot of missing real estate above and below the horizon.
This hobby is a trip! :)





Yup, been there, done that and then been forced to reluctantly delete what could have been a winning pano - however, I am not sure and I haven't even tried it yet, but I do believe if you have a camera with the availability of a rolling shutter/digital shutter (Sony for instance) and you have the continuous pan/stitch functionality of say an iPhone (not the Sony for instance), then you can easily get around this problem I think, but then all the waves will curl towards the direction you have panned, but probably a lot better than a fail.

Anyway, nice seascape sunset and beautiful colours  ;)

Dave
Logged
Thank you,
Stephen Dubois
Pages: [1]   Go Up