Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Portfolio - a LrM pleasant surprise  (Read 970 times)

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Adobe Portfolio - a LrM pleasant surprise
« on: April 28, 2019, 05:21:48 pm »

Since drinking the Adobe Kool-Aid and succumbing to their monthly subscription for Lightroom CC Mobile, I've discovered that it is, in fact, a pretty good deal. It may be that I'm trying to self-justify my decision, but the skeptic in me is beginning to see the value in this purchase.

Lightroom CC Mobile - NOT Lightroom CC and NOT Lightroom Classic

To be clear, I purchased the CAD 6.49/month (USD 4.99) subscription to Lightroom CC Mobile (LrM) – essentially Lightroom for iPad and iPhone. This is different from what Adobe typically shows on their website...

Rather than repeat everything here that I've already written on my blog post, suffice it to say that I seem to have the best of both worlds with LrM combined with my old, out-of-date standalone Lightroom 6 on my laptop. If you want to read the details, head over to my blog. This is not meant to be click bait, but rather it's there if you're interested.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
Re: Adobe Portfolio - a LrM pleasant surprise
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 01:40:48 pm »

After getting the plan. I dropped Zenfolio and started to use Portfolio. Pays for the annual subscription and a case of beer.

ronaldnztan

• Ronald N. Z. Tan Photography
Re: Adobe Portfolio - a LrM pleasant surprise
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 04:49:56 pm »

I could not have agreed with you more, Terry. For me, before I was using Photoshop CS6 and Phase One (since Pro 3.7.8).... I was one of the I'm going to keep using CS6 until kingdom come folks. My portfolio was using shared-hosting on DreamHost with self-install Koken. All that adds up.

Eventually, this past year in May 2018, I made the decision to subscribe to CC Photography Plan 20 GB option. It was one of the BEST decisions I made for my professional photography. For me, as you have mentioned, Portfolio sealed the deal and it was the icing on the cake. As an extra bonus, CC members get access to Adobe Fonts. As a typophile and admirer of typography, being able to browse all those fonts in Adobe Fonts like super amazing. I even found a font for my 2019 logo from a familiar foundry called "Dharma Type." I pay 119-something annually, which comes with Photoshop CC, Portfolio, and Fonts which provides all utility to me and sparks joy. I'm definitely going to renew my subscription for 2019-2020 annual plan.

Being on CC plan, I no longer have to worry about shared-hosted web hosted. I don't need to mess around with CMS (I was using Koken and long before that WordPress). Basically, being on CC Photography Plan streamlined things for me.

Shared-hosting cost me annually close to CC fees. It's no brainer that I hop onto the CC membership, which comes with features and products sets I find immensely useful and practical for my professional photography.
Pages: [1]   Go Up