Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OSX Mojave/Epson SC-P800/Lightroom CC & PS CC 2019: Output Resolution issue  (Read 395 times)

andreas@achermann-imgrueth.ch

Hello everybody

Using:
OSX Mojave 10.14.4, Epson SC-P800 (Driver 10.16), latest LR CC (8.2) and PS CC 2019 (20.0.3) Versions.

Experience:
In the old days and for years, i could print from LR or PS in a desired resolution; what i defined, i became (when technically realistic) (What You Define Is What You Get).

Issue:
In the modern days, i try to send a printjob with 1440 dpi (a contact negative) to the printer, and for some reason, the system or the printer calculates the resolution down to a value that is slightly better than a old fax-transmission; awfull.

I checked all the manuals and settings; does anybody have a clue, where to find the causes or even know a solution from experience.

Best regards and thanks
Andreas

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com

Can you provide some screen grabs of all your settings in Lr and/or PS for making the prints you find to be unsatisfactory?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com

Hello everybody

Using:

In the modern days, i try to send a printjob with 1440 dpi (a contact negative) to the printer,
Andreas
Curious how you arrive at the 1440dpi number, this sounds like a setting in the driver for the output resolution of the dither (720/1440/288), which doesn’t have a real relationship to the output resolution of the file being sent which really should be 360 or maybe 720.

I’m with Mark, not sure what you are trying to do and what your settings are, screen shot would be helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up