Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ipf pro 2000 Service Mode  (Read 8932 times)

Pforster

Canon ipf pro 2000 Service Mode
« on: April 23, 2019, 01:20:56 pm »

I’ve had my Canon IPF Pro-2000 for just over 2 years now and, automatic loading frustrations aside, it has been very good.
However, it has just come up with error code EC21-2F53 which  understand could mean that the head needs replacing. Not good news after such a short time and low usage.
Having spoken to the dealer I bought it from, he suggests going into the Service Mode for more information and sent me instructions involving holding down the start button and pressing various areas of the blank (only the Canon logo showing) screen.
However I just can’t make this work and am hoping that some kind person on this forum knows how to get in to this Service Mode and will give me some advice.
Thanks, Paul.
Paul.

I.T. Supplies

Re: Canon ipf pro 2000 Service Mode
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 02:20:03 pm »

Hi Paul.  We recommend contacting Canon and mention you got an error code and they can inform you what the issue is exactly.  You "may" get a replacement from them, but don't want to guarantee it since it's out of the warranty time frame.  If they look up the code and find out it may be faulty or something while not used much, it could be possible to get one from them.  Each time you replace the head, it starts a new 1-year warranty (head only).

Canon Customer Service:  800-423-2366

Hope they can help.

enduser

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 08:14:33 pm »

Paul is actually asking how to get in to Service menu, (or Mode).

Pforster

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 03:25:29 am »

Thanks for both of your replies and yes, at the moment, my dealer has advised me to get more information before calling in Canon Service- which is inevitably geared and priced for the professional user. Which I’m not!
So still hoping that someone can help me get into Service Mode if at all possible.
Paul.
Paul.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 02:13:27 pm »

enduser- I understand that they told him to try getting into service mode.  Contacting Canon won't cost anything and they can assist him upfront unless he goes the route of having a tech come out to diagnose it otherwise and since it's out of warranty, that will cost him on the tech end.

A code is what the manufacturer can confirm upfront vs searching online for it and users may post different things or suggestions.  I'm suggesting to contact Canon so they can assist him upfront and help him through Service Mode if needed vs trying to find the information online (which the manual should explain it as well).

Paul - there is no difference if you're a professional user or what not.  There is no label on these models and they may advertise it as being professional (which it is a high level printer), but not geared directly towards "pro's".  I sell the Pro series to those just making canvas wraps or photos as well as professional level artist's.  You can surely contact Canon about this and they will gladly help you on it.

Pforster

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 03:40:58 pm »

In my repeated (but unsuccessful) efforts to bring up Service Mode I was suddenly confronted with a screen telling me to realign the head - instead of just an error code. So I grabbed it while I could and, after half an hour of alignment activity, it worked. Brilliant! Now back printing again.
Still intrigued how to get into Service Mode though but thanks to both for your responses.
Advice appreciated and, if I have any further problems I will definitely contact Canon service first.
Paul.
Paul.

enduser

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 08:53:47 pm »

This is for  the 4000 but it might work for a 2000.

Press and hold the Power button while touching Area4 (lower left) of the operation panel. (DO NOT release the buttons.)
    When the Canon logo is displayed on the operation panel, release the finger touching Area4 (lower left) while holding the Power button, touch in order of Area2 (lower right,) Area3 (upper left,) and Area1 (upperright) of the operation panel, release the finger from Area1 (upper right) and finally release the Powerbutton within two seconds.
    ​When the service mode is successfully launched, the orange lamp blinks above the operation panel afterthe home screen is displayed.

You need Service Mode for a Canon so you can do a nozzle check and see exactly how many are blocked.

Pforster

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 04:08:27 am »

Thanks enduser, that was the sequence that my dealer gave me originally (for the 2000) and I must have tried it at least 20 times with varied finger pressures and slightly different areas of the screen - which aren’t marked of course. But using the same sequence every time.
I don’t need to do it now I’m glad to say but, for future reference, does anyone know if there some “technique “ that works?
Paul.
Paul.

btownshend

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 09:45:41 pm »

After much effort, I was able to successfully get into service mode on a Pro 2000.   It took ordering a service manual for the unit, though finally the instructions above are correct, but not clear about a few things.   Here's what the manual says, with my annotations:
1. Press and hold the Power button while touching Area4 (lower left) of the operation panel. (DO NOT
release the buttons.)   [ Area4 is the lower left quadrant of the touch panel, not including the home/back/stop button area]
2. When the Canon logo is displayed on the operation panel, release the finger touching Area4 (lower left)
while holding the Power button, touch in order of Area2 (lower right,) Area3 (upper left,) and Area1 (upper right) of the operation panel, release the finger from Area1 (upper right) and finally release the Power button within two seconds.
[ Those are just touch/releases of area2, area3, area1 in order, followed by releasing the power buttom.   It seems that from the time you release area4 until you release the power button must be less than 2 seconds]

The real confusing part of all this is that when you do all of this right, there is no immediate feedback.   The system goes through its normal boot cycle and appears to have just started up as normal.  However, if service mode is entered, there'll be an extra menu item, "SERVICE" at the bottom.   Also, even if there was a hard error preventing normal user boot up, the system should still get to the menu if service mode is engaged.

Pages: [1]   Go Up