Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TOPAZ DeNoise AI Question  (Read 706 times)

Garnick

TOPAZ DeNoise AI Question
« on: April 22, 2019, 11:30:09 am »

A few days ago I received an email notification that DeNoise AI is now available for download.  There was no indication in the email that it would be a free download if one already has a DeNoise License, which I do have.  I have just spent a bit of time on the Topaz sight and did indeed find the information of a free download for anyone with the DeNoise license, so I have just downloaded the app but have not yet installed it, due to recent issues that have been discussed concerning another Topaz app and its problems with the online installer apparently playing havoc with the app and its previous version as well.  I had decided to install until I realized that DeNoise AI also uses an online installer.  I do have the installers for the previous versions of DeNoise, so I assume I could reinstall one of them successfully if necessary.  In the interim I'm wondering if anyone has yet installed DeNoise AI with no apparent issues and that it seems to be performing as expected.

EDIT:  I also assume that my DeNoise License will work for DeNoise AI as well.  Any suggestions or opinions?   

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Gary   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:42:58 am by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

earlybird

Re: TOPAZ DeNoise AI Question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 11:41:59 am »

I read the accounts of difficulty at the Topaz website forum, but when I installed my free upgrade t0 Denoise AI everything worked as intended on the first try, and it left my previous Denoise installs undisturbed and fully functional.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:16:25 pm by earlybird »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 12:39:28 pm »

No problem with installation on a Win10 machine. Make sure you have an updated video driver, but also note that problems have been reported with NVIDIA Drivers version 419.17/419.35.

License holders of the prior Denoise plugin (and/or AI Clear) can upgrade for free, and the old Denoise plugin remains functional.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 02:32:53 pm »

Thank you Bart and earlybird.  Good information that provided what I needed to go ahead and install DeNoise AI.  The install went smoothly until a notification concerning some difficulties popped up.  I clicked the "retry" button and it seemed to finish the install as expected.  I wasn't sure it would work properly, but so far it seems to be performing well.  I haven't had time to put it through some tests, but I will do so soon and report the results.  I've also found the Topaz Forum and have been perusing that, very interesting as well.

Thanks again fellows, much appreciated.

Gary   
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up