Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caraidh (quite possibly ancient)  (Read 1688 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Caraidh (quite possibly ancient)
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 03:20:32 pm »

While most "long exposure" images I see share some kind of basic "similarities" this one seems special to me .
Not that I don't like the other too, don't get me wrong, but this one impressed me

Thanks Rabanito and I agree, you do see rather a lot of these loooong exposure shots nowadays and after a while they can all start to look a bit 'samey' and dare I say it, Cliched. But I used to be against this type of shot myself for many a year, but then after being chided on here a couple of times for not flattening out the wave motion and after realising that it had now become the modern idiom, I got myself a 10 screw in ND and joined in with the party. Because as they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  ;)

Lovely, narrative and images.

JR

Thanks John, much appreciated  :)

Peter, I have just looked for your reply after realising that I had forgotten to reply to you and realise that it has now gone. So if you are still there, the reason I think the clouds appear to bending around the sun, is because the light had been so weak until this point where the sun had finally been able to push through the lower cloud layer. And I think it had the effect of warming up the air enough to expand the air and so push the cloud away from the direction of the sun a little - if you look at that part of the sky, you can see where a chunk of cloud seems to be detaching itself from the rest of the formation. I might be wrong of course, but it does seem to be the effect of the sun that is bending the clouds around itself.

I am sorry I forgot to reply to you last time Peter, so please forgive me  :)

Dave

rabanito

Re: Caraidh (quite possibly ancient)
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2019, 03:36:30 am »

Thanks Rabanito and I agree, you do see rather a lot of these loooong exposure shots nowadays and after a while they can all start to look a bit 'samey' and dare I say it, Cliched. But I used to be against this type of shot myself for many a year, but then after being chided on here a couple of times for not flattening out the wave motion and after realising that it had now become the modern idiom, I got myself a 10 screw in ND and joined in with the party. Because as they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  ;)

Hehehe
Well said. I like your humor
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up