Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPF 8400 error code for R printhead  (Read 2000 times)

gchappel

IPF 8400 error code for R printhead
« on: April 17, 2019, 07:14:33 pm »

My ipf8400 just threw an error code:
03130031-2F50.  Looking it up it is for the R printhead.
It basically said turn the printer off, turn back on and see what happens.
I turned the printer back on, and it powered on normally and is presently printing.
Is this error something that may go away for a while, or should I just go ahead and order a printhead?
Anyone with experience with this?
I can order a head, but would prefer to delay it as long as I can.
I am not complaining.  I have had the printer for almost 5 years, print intermittently, and have had to replace each printhead once a couple of years ago. 
Thanks for the support
Gary

arobinson7547

Re: IPF 8400 error code for R printhead
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 12:10:41 pm »

When that printer starts throwing errors about its' PrintHead. Prepare yourself for purchasing a new PrintHead. Continue to print, for as long as you like and can stand it. Then when its (the printer) has had it enough, you are 'Prepared' to get the printhead you've already ordered and swap them out. Or order a new one with the money you've ear marked for a new head and swap them out.

Either way, just be prepared [and don't bother and waste your time and resources trying to make the error go away. It's in its (the Printer's) brain, now]

gchappel

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 10:11:49 pm »

That is what I thought. 
I will order a head shortly.
Thanks
Gary

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 01:04:43 pm »

And if you have had the print head (regardless which one it is) within a year, Canon will replace it at no charge since each head has a 1-year warranty after replacing.  They technically won't ask you which side it is and go off the time you got it.

I've dealt with this error with our 8400 and after 3 times trying to by pass it, it locked me out until I got the replacement switched.  Better to do it right away so you don't go through the same process and waste time when you may not have it later.

Hope it goes smoothly on the replacement!

gchappel

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 01:37:24 pm »

Thanks for the info.  Both my heads are well over a year old, so I will order one shortly. I will look at the IT supply site. 
I have been really pleased with the 8400.  I only print for myself, so useage is intermittent.
I am in year 5 with the printer.   I have had to replace both heads and the maintenance tank a couple of years ago, looks like I am in for the same cycle again.  Others than that, and to me that is expected, it has been flawless and just prints, and prints.
Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up