Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neist Point lighthouse now with exif data  (Read 506 times)

KMRennie

Neist Point lighthouse now with exif data
« on: April 17, 2019, 06:23:52 pm »

I couldn't really visit Skye and not go and try and get a sunset image from here. I arrived long before the usual golden hour and climbed down the cliffs at the back of the lighthouse. The sea was pretty calm and this allowed me to get to the water's edge without risking life and limb although I did get covered in spray. I then cimbed back up the cliffs to take the "classic" shot but the light collapsed just after this as the sun sank into a bank of thick cloud on the horizon. Ken
exif data
back of lighthouse image Nikon D810, Nikon 16-35 @20mm, f13, 3s exposure, Lee 6 stop ND, 2 stop soft edge grad and polariser. I would not usually have used a polariser but I had cross threaded it and couldn't remove it but adjusted it to get minimum effect in the sky.
image from top of the cliffs Nikon D810, Tamron 24-70 @ 26mm, f11, 5s exposure, Lee 6 stop ND, 2 stop soft edge grad and polariser.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 06:50:16 am by KMRennie »

bobfriedman

Re: Neist Point lighthouse
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:00:41 am »

very nice work!.. dramatic perspective with exposure that captures the mood. glad you made it out without any problems..  would love to know the equipment/EXIF for the shots.
Bob Friedman
pbase.com/bobfriedman

stamper

Re: Neist Point lighthouse now with exif data
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 07:25:48 am »

Impressive, especially #2. It is an image that is often seen on the internet but from a loftier position.

francois

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 07:42:39 am »

A unique view on Neist Point… I like it a lot… The classical shot is also impressive with those soft colors and an almost calm sea.
Francois

KMRennie

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 12:09:04 pm »

This viewpoint is only accessible from low to mid tide and then when there is NO swell and that doesn't happen very often. It is easy to get to although it doesn't look it. Ken

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 03:15:55 am »

Very good work Ken! :) I have been down to sea level on my first visit to Neist Point (2009), but after that I could never go down again - I am always going back to Neist leading a WS, and when the group is faced with the way down (and consequent way up) they tend to go for the second shot instead... :D Seriously speaking, it depends on the fitness level / age of the group, and I would never put anyone in danger. I will have to set aside some extra days next year to do some photography on my own on Skye!

Again, great job! :) Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters & NYA-EVO
https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 10:58:38 am »

I really like the first shot viewpoint Ken.

Oddly enough and even though I live on Skye, I have only ever walked down to this particular viewpoint once when I first moved here. You see I made the rookie mistake back then, of carrying lots of gear down with me and the hike back up the cliff face path nearly did for me. So seeing your shots here, makes me think that maybe it is about time I went down again, but this time with just my camera and a single wide angle lens I think.

Dave

Cornfield

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 11:22:51 am »

I really like the second shot.  Very carefully processed with subtle tones. 

So often this type of shot is overprocessed and making the scene look false.
Pages: [1]   Go Up