Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 Error 03:10... Tried it all  (Read 1721 times)

JustCurious

HP Z3100 Error 03:10... Tried it all
« on: April 15, 2019, 01:01:35 pm »

I have an old HP z3100. Its been so trusty and reliable up till now. I have a 03:10 error upon start up. It will power up, begin initializing. The power supply fan will begin blowing, then right before the normal initial homing routine on startup it throws the 03:10 error and has to be powered down.

I have replaced the whole power supply assembly, including main board
I have just the power supply board
I have tried different power cables and different outlets.
I replaced the carriage ribbon cable.
I replaced the battery on the formatter board (HDD spins up and runs fine btw)

Belt tensioner has been loosened and tightened and tested for either issue.

Using the maintenance menu I can run the power tests and they are all fine but as soon as it runs any tests to move the carriage it fails with the 03:10 error
What ELSE COULD CAUSE THIS ERROR?!?!

I've read most all posts on this site about the z3100 and am fluent with its difficulties I've also read every page on Mark Lindquist's website.

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: HP Z3100 Error 03:10... Tried it all
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 01:19:03 pm »

the manual says this ( image)
you can download the manual from Marks Site? otherwise i can send you a copy..

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

JustCurious

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 01:39:54 pm »

Yep yep tried that all. Nothing changed.

JustCurious

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 01:47:27 pm »

I should also mention I have replaced the PSU fan as well. 1st Replaced the whole left side assembly. 2nd Replaced just the PSU mobo w/ Fan. 3rd I replaced JUST the fan. Nothing has changed. The voltage tests pass fine, but still has 03:10 Replace PSU error

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 05:03:57 pm »

So does the carriage move easily by hand or does it drag?
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

JustCurious

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 05:09:25 pm »

Interesting that you mention that, the carriage moves freely, does not drag. Glides tightly on the rail. Hasn't locked back or "seated" since this error began either. Hmmm
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:28:13 pm by JustCurious »

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 08:26:27 pm »

At this point, I would recommend pulling all the carts and the print heads.  Try powering up and see if you can get the printer to ask for the ink carts.  If you can get to that point, after which it will ask for the print heads, you may be ok.  If it won't power on and gives a 3:10 error immediately with all the carts and print heads removed, could be you have a bad or incorrect MAIN PCA board. Actually, once you start switching out components one by one rather than just getting a new PSU all in one go, you can find yourself in no man's land.
In my experience, sometimes replacing some of the previous components can work if in fact they are still good. Obviously, you know that if your printer is an "A" Rev, everything must be A.... not B, etc.

If it's still giving you the 3:10 error, then it stands to reason you haven't solved the original 3:10 issue.  Hate to state the obvious or what seems like the obvious, but retrace your steps again.  See if there are any pinched wires anywhere.  There is a red and black cable that runs from the Main PCA board to the print mech board, and it powers the scan axis motor.  Sometimes that cable can get pinched when putting the end cap back on.  It's worth a check.

Usually you can dig deeper into the error code by pressing the on, up arrow and menu switch simultaneously (if I remember) and the error code will go into a further explanation. Try that when it comes up next, and if it doesn't work, scour the manual to find out which button combination gives you the info.

Insert words of encouragement here - been there done that - keep going, I guess.  :-)

Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

JustCurious

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 09:22:45 am »

I have pulled all the carts and heads. Does not change power up. After every replacement part, if it did not make a change, I put the original part back into the printer. Ill check into the cables again. I also didnt know there was a more detailed option for the error codes. Thanks for the tips!

Edit: It is the "Up" key and the "cancel" key
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:02:47 am by JustCurious »
Pages: [1]   Go Up