Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Large LCC Plate needed  (Read 1316 times)

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
Large LCC Plate needed
« on: April 12, 2019, 07:00:23 pm »

Hi all,

I'd like to run an LCC on my TSE 17mm
To do so I'm going to need an LCC plate that is a minimum of 150mm X 150mm
Phase don't seem to make plates larger than the ones that come with a back.

Any idea where I can get one made that will have the tolerances to deal with the newer CMOS sensors.

I've checked the forums and there's some older posts, so I'm just wondering if anyone has any other new thoughts.

Thanks.  Have a great weekend.

Andrew
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Large LCC Plate needed
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 07:28:37 pm »

Hi all,

I'd like to run an LCC on my TSE 17mm
To do so I'm going to need an LCC plate that is a minimum of 150mm X 150mm
Phase don't seem to make plates larger than the ones that come with a back.

Any idea where I can get one made that will have the tolerances to deal with the newer CMOS sensors.

I've checked the forums and there's some older posts, so I'm just wondering if anyone has any other new thoughts.

Thanks.  Have a great weekend.

Hi Andrew,

You could either purchase a piece of white translucent acrylic or 'perspex' from a signage company or local hardware store, or have a piece of opaline glass cut to size. While the glass may have a slight color of its own (depending on its thickness), it has the benefit of not exhibiting any light fall-off of its own because the opaline layer is thin, and oblique light is not experiencing longer travel distance through the medium.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Christoph B.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 02:51:32 pm »

As Bart says - almost any kind of white translucent Plexiglass/Acryll will do.

The one thing to keep in mind is the thickness, I've tried 2.5mm and 5mm and kept the 5mm. The 2.5mm didn't seem as "uniform" (though that might have been a subjective feeling) - but the 5mm was also considerably darker.

However I'v found that it's just the perfect thickness for me as when I take the LCC photo, I'll simply turn the camera toward the light source of my scene and I'll get a perfect middle grey tone. Not too bright and not too dark, so Capture One has an easy time with the file.

As Bart suggested, it won't be neutral so you can't really use it for white balance.

sam@

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 09:51:10 am »

Hi Andrew,

I use plexi like this for many years also, no worries.

I have one side slightly matte that I use for the 17mm (to help reduce any reflections as it can't be flush to the LCC Plate with that element obviously).

I face the light and also move the plate during the exposure to create a blur to even out tone as I am pretty slack looking after that - it has heaps of marks on it.

Sam

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 09:16:55 pm »

Hey Sam...Nice to see you here.

I'll give that a crack.
Have you the wonderpana polarizer for your 17?  If so, consider placing against the filter holder.
That's my intention anyway!

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I use plexi like this for many years also, no worries.

I have one side slightly matte that I use for the 17mm (to help reduce any reflections as it can't be flush to the LCC Plate with that element obviously).

I face the light and also move the plate during the exposure to create a blur to even out tone as I am pretty slack looking after that - it has heaps of marks on it.

Sam
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

sam@

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 08:02:40 am »

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that - I will pick up a Wonderpana - that would likely make it much easier..

Enjoy your Spring!

Sam

Pages: [1]   Go Up