Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why a EOS R for Canon Lens owners  (Read 910 times)

Don Blauvelt

Why a EOS R for Canon Lens owners
« on: April 07, 2019, 11:45:21 am »

How many Video Shooters have Canon C300 IIs, C300s, C200s and C100s ?

I would think most of them own several EF lenses.

Now they can all easily switch any of their EF lens, to the EOS R, with several Canon Adapters.

I just watched a video of a C200 owner who shoots 4K LOG and now uses a EOS R as his 'B' Video Camera shooting 4K LOG and is very pleased with how well they match in image quality, in the real world. Looked very good to me.

So He now has a 4K 'B' Video Camera and 30MP production Still Camera on set or in the field, for $ 2,200.  And for a $400 more, he has a Canon Drop-In Adapter that has a Variable Neutral Density or Polaroid filter that works with all his EF lenses when mounted on the EOS R and can be controlled from the back of the lens, no Filter Smear no removing Lens Shade. One Filter, fits all?

And of course there are also all those Non-Canon Video Camera Brands, that offer Canon's EF mount. How many of them?

IMHO: If Canon introduces a 50MP EOS R with 60FPS in 4K with IBIS For under $6,000 the market cold be huge. 110,000,000 EF lenses out in the world, what percentage of those owners would't want a EOS R or "EOS RX" (described above) in their kit. And just for little more incentive Canon's announced release of the next
6 RF Lenses.

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
Re: Why a EOS R for Canon Lens owners
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 06:40:04 pm »

How many Video Shooters have Canon C300 IIs, C300s, C200s and C100s ?

I would think most of them own several EF lenses.

Now they can all easily switch any of their EF lens, to the EOS R, with several Canon Adapters.

I just watched a video of a C200 owner who shoots 4K LOG and now uses a EOS R as his 'B' Video Camera shooting 4K LOG and is very pleased with how well they match in image quality, in the real world. Looked very good to me.

So He now has a 4K 'B' Video Camera and 30MP production Still Camera on set or in the field, for $ 2,200.  And for a $400 more, he has a Canon Drop-In Adapter that has a Variable Neutral Density or Polaroid filter that works with all his EF lenses when mounted on the EOS R and can be controlled from the back of the lens, no Filter Smear no removing Lens Shade. One Filter, fits all?

And of course there are also all those Non-Canon Video Camera Brands, that offer Canon's EF mount. How many of them?

IMHO: If Canon introduces a 50MP EOS R with 60FPS in 4K with IBIS For under $6,000 the market cold be huge. 110,000,000 EF lenses out in the world, what percentage of those owners would't want a EOS R or "EOS RX" (described above) in their kit. And just for little more incentive Canon's announced release of the next
6 RF Lenses.

Agreed.

And it would get even more interesting if Canon announced a C300-R to go with those lenses.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up