Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-1000 - Keep Cleaning or Replace Ink?  (Read 2850 times)

SMR

Canon Pro-1000 - Keep Cleaning or Replace Ink?
« on: April 05, 2019, 10:32:40 am »

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and hopefully will be able to help where possible, but initially have a question of my own...

I've been printing on a Canon Pro-1000 for three months, it's still on its first set of inks and there are a few showing exclamation point low ink warnings.

Today, I printed an A2 on fine art paper, and the lower down the page, the less black there is in the image and there are a lot of horizontal bands.  I read the general advice to keep printing until the printer states that the ink is empty, and I haven't seen any warnings like that.

I did a nozzle check and the MBK pattern shows missed lines, so I ran a cleaning cycle.  After that I ran another nozzle check and the MBK patch is almost totally blank, so things appear to be worse not better.

What would be the general advice?  Keep going with cleaning cycles or do I really need to start replacing the ink?  My goal (isn't everyone's?) is to waste as little ink and paper as possible.

Thank you!

I.T. Supplies

Re: Canon Pro-1000 - Keep Cleaning or Replace Ink?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 01:41:33 pm »

I would continue to do cleanings and check the nozzles after each to see how it looks. If the cartridge is that low, you can try a replacing it and hopefully that helps.  I haven't seen this issue before with the Pro-1000, but it could be different per user.

If the issue still arises after replacing and you done a few more cleanings, contact Canon and explain everything you did and what's happening.  If you purchase the printer within the year and having issues, they will surely help you under the warranty.  If they believe it's something that can't be resolved easily, they will most likely send you a replacement.

800-423-2366

Hope this helps.

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 02:29:52 pm »

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and hopefully will be able to help where possible, but initially have a question of my own...

I've been printing on a Canon Pro-1000 for three months, it's still on its first set of inks and there are a few showing exclamation point low ink warnings.

Today, I printed an A2 on fine art paper, and the lower down the page, the less black there is in the image and there are a lot of horizontal bands.  I read the general advice to keep printing until the printer states that the ink is empty, and I haven't seen any warnings like that.

I did a nozzle check and the MBK pattern shows missed lines, so I ran a cleaning cycle.  After that I ran another nozzle check and the MBK patch is almost totally blank, so things appear to be worse not better.

What would be the general advice?  Keep going with cleaning cycles or do I really need to start replacing the ink?  My goal (isn't everyone's?) is to waste as little ink and paper as possible.

Thank you!

Hi! It happened to me twice (the second time two color channels were involved). Remove the MBK cartridge and shake it. If it seems empty replace it. Then follow the cleaning instructions exactly as stated in the manual:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-1000%20series/EN/BG/bg-043.html

Take attention to the procedure as stated in the manual (read the manual carefully).
The summary is like this:
One head cleaning, if the problem isn't fixed
a second head cleaning, if the problem isn't fixed
a deep cleaning, if the problem isn't fixed
a system cleaning, if the problem isn't fixed
turn off the printer and let it stay for 24 hours, then
a deep cleaning, if the problem isn't fixed
call the support

pikeys

• My Pics
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 03:35:22 pm »

If you see an ..."X" on the cartridges that are low,but in a NEW ink cartridge,immediately .
Then follow the advice you've gotten in the above posts.
Let us know how everything works out.-good luck.

MikeS

SMR

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 09:48:19 am »

Thank you to everyone who helped, some great advice there.

I removed the MBK cartridge and gave it a shake, and there was definitely some ink remaining.  So I cleaned again (twice) and still had issues with the nozzle check, then gave it a deep cleaning and that seems to have resolved the issue.  The nozzle check looks OK and I've printed a few A4 sheets so as not to waste paper if there was still a problem.

I'm a bit concerned that a nozzle should block midway through an A2 print, so hopefully that won't happen again.  Are there any precautions I could take?

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up