Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cactus  (Read 670 times)

sdwilsonsct

Cactus
« on: April 04, 2019, 07:43:57 pm »

Big Bend National Park, last week. Feedback welcome.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:35:04 pm by sdwilsonsct »

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
Re: Cactus
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 08:00:33 am »

Scott I'm not sure these foreground subjects really "carry the weight"...close but there is a lot of meandering and lack of graphic clarity. Maybe time of day and processing affecting this too. What is really interesting potentially is the far background landscape - color, shapes, peak, mountains(?) etc. - especially in the second
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

stamper

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 08:37:05 am »

Nothing here to criticize. Two fine images that are worth looking at more than once.

mbaginy

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 08:57:53 am »

Nothing here to criticize. Two fine images that are worth looking at more than once.
+1
I like both images too!

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 08:47:27 pm »

Mike, Stamper: many thanks.

Scott I'm not sure these foreground subjects really "carry the weight"...close but there is a lot of meandering and lack of graphic clarity. Maybe time of day and processing affecting this too. What is really interesting potentially is the far background landscape - color, shapes, peak, mountains(?) etc. - especially in the second

Thanks, Brandt. I share your doubts about these images, which is partly why I posted them. The messiness of the foreground reflects the nurse plant effect, which I find interesting, and contrasts with the blossoms. I did some work with the distant mountains solo, but, in the end decided they were most effective in a supporting role.

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 11:30:03 pm »

Focus stack, don't crop the top, stitch them, and then stretch the hell out of them. Alternatively use a T/S lens. Although I have no experience with them, this is pretty much what I understand they are built for in a way? I'd really love one...
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 05:23:13 am »

I like the way the background is not in focus, but is still discernible. Nice work.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 09:37:57 am »

Focus stack, don't crop the top, stitch them, and then stretch the hell out of them. Alternatively use a T/S lens. Although I have no experience with them, this is pretty much what I understand they are built for in a way? I'd really love one...

Thanks, Murph and Paulo. I have a T/S lens but find that the light often changes faster than I can work with it. Focus stacking is great if it's not windy, which it nearly always is. So I frequently settle for 'subject in focus', as in this case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up