Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midnight Rainbow #4: Soft Dawn By Michael Broomfield  (Read 1899 times)

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
Midnight Rainbow #4: Soft Dawn By Michael Broomfield
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:23:58 am »

Congratulations, Mike.  Beautiful photo, and a story any landscape photographer can identify with.  Although there are no identifiable landmarks in the image, I immediately recognized the light, surf, and cloud formations as characteristic of a back side beach on the Outer Cape.  My guess was South Beach, Chatham, which you confirmed was spot on.  I have returned to the Outer Cape every year since the early 1980's.  It is a philosophical choice to return repeatedly to the same place, rather than venture out to new places exclusively.  This practice establishes an intimacy with a place which is revealed gradually, over years, and results in a deeper understanding than what is obtainable by the casual visitor.  I know you have this relationship with your haunts on the Cape, and it shows in your work.

adri

Re: Midnight Rainbow #4: Soft Dawn By Michael Broomfield
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 04:06:33 am »

Nice image, but still....I was hoping for a bit more mystery in the image.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 04:51:34 am »

Good photo, the type of coastal landscape that I also like to shoot.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 01:54:40 pm »

Thank you all ...

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 01:56:56 pm »

Nice image, but still....I was hoping for a bit more mystery in the image.

interesting comment adri.  Did you get the idea of mystery from the text?  The writing is pretty new to me, although I have about a dozen of them now.
I was trying to convey the peace of a pre-dawn walk down a freshly washed beach with some beautiful light and colour.  I was probably out for a couple of hours but this was the only shot I took.  Many exposures mind you, up to the point that the sun started eyeballing me over the horizon, my queue to move on.  This shot was the 3rd or 4th in the sequence, taken in 2005.

Regards

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up