Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro ink tank not coming out  (Read 816 times)

GMB

• Georg M. Berrisch Fine Art & Travel Photography
Canon Pro ink tank not coming out
« on: March 28, 2019, 01:27:51 pm »

Help please!  I wanted to change an ink tank on the Canon Pro 1000.  The old ink tank is not coming out when I push on the tank.  (I had changed another at the same time and no problem).  I then checked others that I did not want to change.  Some are stuck as well, but most are not.  Never had this occurring before.  Any suggestions / help greatly appreciated. Thanks.  Georg

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
Re: Canon Pro ink tank not coming out
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 03:26:35 pm »

Help please!  I wanted to change an ink tank on the Canon Pro 1000.  The old ink tank is not coming out when I push on the tank.  (I had changed another at the same time and no problem).  I then checked others that I did not want to change.  Some are stuck as well, but most are not.  Never had this occurring before.  Any suggestions / help greatly appreciated. Thanks.  Georg

Remove temporarily the tanks left and right of the ink tank and remove it. Most probably the spring mechanism broke. This in my experience doesn't affect the operation of the printer. When you install the new ink cartridge try not to push all the way in but be careful to align it with all the others.

GMB

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 06:14:10 pm »

Thanks. Unfortunately, it is the tank to the very left and the 2 adjacent tanks are blocked as well.

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 02:21:21 am »

Thanks. Unfortunately, it is the tank to the very left and the 2 adjacent tanks are blocked as well.

An alternative method is to use a very strong adhesive tape on the top of the cartridge to pull it out.

GMB

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 12:49:42 pm »

Thanks to all.  I eventually managed to get one tank out and from there work my way through to the tank that needed to be changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up