Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is my Yellow Channel on the Pro-1000 print head failing?  (Read 419 times)

traderjay

Is my Yellow Channel on the Pro-1000 print head failing?
« on: March 27, 2019, 11:19:46 pm »

My Pro 1000 has worked flawlessly for almost two years until last week when during a photo print, I noticed significant banding in one of the photos. I ran a nozzle check and it indicates a blocked yellow channel so I initiated a head printing. This is quite a surprise since this printer performs frequent maintenance cycles to prevent such issues. One week later, during the middle of a large print job, the same issue appeared and the Yellow channel is blocked again. A manual cleaning cycle cleared the clog and the printer resumed normal operation.

This is quite strange to only have one channel clogging twice in one week so I have a feeling that channel is dying?

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
Re: Is my Yellow Channel on the Pro-1000 print head failing?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 02:28:21 am »

My Pro 1000 has worked flawlessly for almost two years until last week when during a photo print, I noticed significant banding in one of the photos. I ran a nozzle check and it indicates a blocked yellow channel so I initiated a head printing. This is quite a surprise since this printer performs frequent maintenance cycles to prevent such issues. One week later, during the middle of a large print job, the same issue appeared and the Yellow channel is blocked again. A manual cleaning cycle cleared the clog and the printer resumed normal operation.

This is quite strange to only have one channel clogging twice in one week so I have a feeling that channel is dying?

Unlikely. I had a worse problem twice in the past (the second one involving two channels) and after following the cleaning instructions in the manual the printer is back in order.
Pages: [1]   Go Up