Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro 4000 cut sheet borders  (Read 2058 times)

minE

Canon Pro 4000 cut sheet borders
« on: March 26, 2019, 12:03:31 pm »

Is there anyway to print on the Pro4000 on sheet paper withOUT a weighted bottom?

dehnhaide

Re: Canon Pro 4000 cut sheet borders
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 12:09:36 pm »

Is there anyway to print on the Pro4000 on sheet paper withOUT a weighted bottom?

Nope. Unfortunately that is not possible given the way the printer holds the paper sheets. An unfortunate design failure but understandable if you considered that the whole PRO-x000 series was conceived with roll printing in mind.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 12:36:19 pm »

How would that be considered an unfortunate design if you can't do border-less sheet printing on any large format (24" and wider) printer in the aqueous versions?!  Epson's won't even do border-less sheet printing.  It's the same process for each manufacturer (HP, Canon and Epson) where the sheet method is anchored the same way when feeding and won't allow a border-less print unless you do rolls. 

Now, if you have a Pro-1000, that is fine with border-less sheets since it only does sheets.  Most desktop photo printers will have the option otherwise (mainly the 13 and 17" versions).

dc

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 01:23:02 pm »

Are we sure the OP is asking abut borderless printing? Unless printing from Lightroom, many programs such as capture1 and photoshop won't override the usual ½ inch or so even when using bordered printing.

D

dehnhaide

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 01:25:06 pm »

Are we sure the OP is asking abut borderless printing? Unless printing from Lightroom, many programs such as capture1 and photoshop won't override the usual ½ inch or so even when using bordered printing.

D

I have replied in line with the OP's question! I own a PRO-2000 and I am all aware about the issue (bottom fat empty space)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete Berry

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 03:16:44 pm »

How would that be considered an unfortunate design if you can't do border-less sheet printing on any large format (24" and wider) printer in the aqueous versions?!  Epson's won't even do border-less sheet printing.  It's the same process for each manufacturer (HP, Canon and Epson) where the sheet method is anchored the same way when feeding and won't allow a border-less print unless you do rolls. 

Now, if you have a Pro-1000, that is fine with border-less sheets since it only does sheets.  Most desktop photo printers will have the option otherwise (mainly the 13 and 17" versions).

As you know, the Canon iPFXXXX series roll paper settings in the standard driver & 16-bit printing plugin had a  "no spaces top or bottom (conserve paper)" choice that left only a 3mm margin top and bottom, regardless of media size vs image size setting. Nothing like this in the current Pro series?

Pete

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 03:28:59 pm »

As you know, the Canon iPFXXXX series roll paper settings in the standard driver & 16-bit printing plugin had a  "no spaces top or bottom (conserve paper)" choice that left only a 3mm margin top and bottom, regardless of media size vs image size setting. Nothing like this in the current Pro series?

Pete

There is this option in the PRO-4000 driver and plugins but it's only for rolls if I am not mistaken and the OP wants to remove the bottom margin on a A2 cut sheet which is impossible because the printer needs to hold the paper somehow.

dehnhaide

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 03:29:36 pm »

There is this option in the PRO-4000 driver and plugins but it's only for rolls if I am not mistaken and the OP wants to remove the bottom margin on a A2 cut sheet which is impossible because the printer needs to hold the paper somehow.
+1

Pete Berry

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 04:11:59 pm »

Damn, turning 79 has just melted the better part of an old brain! A 44" printer means rolls to me...

Could it be the old media bugaboo that leaves a large bottom border on certain "art" media types in the iPF's? He didn't say that any of the image itself was truncated, though. Specifics from the OP RE paper type/size, image size, and printer settings might help.

Ol' Pete

Rand47

Re: Canon Pro 4000 cut sheet border
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 07:16:00 pm »

Please forgive the somewhat irrelevant intrusion into the OP’s question/thread, but am I to understand that this is an issue w/ the Pro 2000 as well (re big bottom margin being “required?”) on cut sheets fed into the printer?

I’m looking into the various options for a 24” printer and had not seen this mentioned re the Canon printers.  Anyone know if this is true for the Epson SC P7000 as well?

I’m anticipating doing majority cut sheet printing, with only occasional forays into the larger prints on rolls. This could be a deciding factor on whether to replace my Epson SC P5000, or to keep it in the stable along with a 24” printer.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 02:28:14 am »

Please forgive the somewhat irrelevant intrusion into the OP’s question/thread, but am I to understand that this is an issue w/ the Pro 2000 as well (re big bottom margin being “required?”) on cut sheets fed into the printer?

I’m looking into the various options for a 24” printer and had not seen this mentioned re the Canon printers.  Anyone know if this is true for the Epson SC P7000 as well?

I’m anticipating doing majority cut sheet printing, with only occasional forays into the larger prints on rolls. This could be a deciding factor on whether to replace my Epson SC P5000, or to keep it in the stable along with a 24” printer.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Rand

This is from the online manual:
https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-2000/EN/LBGB/tp000389.html
Hope that helps.

MT

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 06:00:09 am »

Just as an reminder, shortest edge of sheet can't be less than 200 mm - I wasn't aware of that on beginning, and wasted quite few cut outs, that could have been sheets if I just moved some margins by few mm

Rand47

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 08:23:43 am »

This is from the online manual:
https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-2000/EN/LBGB/tp000389.html
Hope that helps.

Thank you!  The margin situation is a potential issue for me.  Though I most often print with generous margins there are times when 1/4” all around is needed in special cirumstances. 

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

minE

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 08:33:18 am »

Thank you all for you responses. I am making various baryta paper tests for a client on 8.5x11 and the chroma when set to full page has the 0.8 margin weighted bottom...tho its only the bottom if you are printing portrait. Its maddening and so ridiculous that these printers are still doing this after 20 years. This is not the case on the HP printers. I'm new to canon and stuff like this makes me so miss the simplicity my hp's. So I had to trim the prints down to 8x10 because explaining the differential is confusing to a non photo person and I don't relish confusing my clients.

bteifeld

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 06:05:51 am »

The Canon IPF6450 can do 3 mm margins on all sides for cut sheet paper fed into the top slot.
Ergosoft Authorized Reseller, Color Services(calibration/profiling/spot color improvement), Printing
Pages: [1]   Go Up