Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Special Camera  (Read 1087 times)

Rob C

Special Camera
« on: March 25, 2019, 04:44:05 pm »

Two23

Re: Special Camera
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 08:53:05 pm »

I like the camera, and the look the images have.  His photos do have a voyeuristic feel to them which I find a little disconcerting.  I wonder if he ever had a girlfriend of his own?

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 05:17:06 am »

Sorry, but I don't see any difference from other voyeuristic snapshots. Even his "style" of old and unperfected photos can be easily reproduced with a phone and a couple of Apps.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 05:49:07 am »

Sorry, but I don't see any difference from other voyeuristic snapshots. Even his "style" of old and unperfected photos can be easily reproduced with a phone and a couple of Apps.

So can Ansel Adams’. But that is no the point. What can be achieved today has no bearing on what was done in a pioneering fashion decades ago. Miroslav’s style was unique and original for his time. Heck, even today, he would be an Instagram star.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 08:16:18 am »

And here I was, hoping for a decent conversation on the merits of cotton reels as cameras grips, recycling of metal parts, the principal secondary use of toilet roll centres and, frankly, the entire Mad Max syndrome!

:-)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 10:24:52 am by Rob C »

Paulo Bizarro

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 10:47:10 am »

So can Ansel Adams’. But that is no the point. What can be achieved today has no bearing on what was done in a pioneering fashion decades ago. Miroslav’s style was unique and original for his time. Heck, even today, he would be an Instagram star.

Ansel? I doubt it.

Today, in some countries, Miroslav would be charged with taking peeping photos of unaware ladies.

Paulo Bizarro

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 10:48:09 am »

And here I was, hoping for a decent conversation on the merits of cotton reels as cameras grips, recycling of metal parts, the principal secondary use of toilet roll centres and, frankly, the entire Mad Max syndrome!

:-)

Sure, he was certainly inventive. My comment was more directed to his style of photos. Regardless of the gear used.

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 03:06:13 pm »

Ansel? I doubt it.

Today, in some countries, Miroslav would be charged with taking peeping photos of unaware ladies.

Two things: judging by current, politically correct climates doesn't fit reasonably into the status quo of earlier times; if you look at a lot of different sites where his shots can be seen, I have developed real doubts as to just how stolen many pictures were. I also have reservations about how real the claim that that camera thingy was actually capable of doing anything photographic at all... a great myth-maker, though. Who knows...
Pages: [1]   Go Up