Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anything about Hasselblad mirrorless?  (Read 3442 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Anything about Hasselblad mirrorless?
« on: March 24, 2019, 10:20:48 am »

Hi,

Last time I have checked B&H was not selling the X1D and Adorama had a single refurb.

Here in Sweden it seems we can order...

Anyone who can share some info about what is going on?

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

hubell

Re: Anything about Hasselblad mirrorless?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 01:28:22 pm »

Check B&H again.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 02:34:45 pm »

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

thyl

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 06:52:14 am »

My educated guess would be that the successor is slightly delayed, and hence, Hasselblad decided to fill the void by still offering the X1D. Maybe they wanted to prepare the assembly line for the X1Ds, but now returned too manufacturing the old model.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 07:24:04 pm »

As of todays check, X1D is back to discontinued on B&H.  All models.  I wonder who took advantage of the Full List offer of a few weeks ago?

8499.00 or something like that.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 09:37:54 pm »

Stopped in at Adorama today. My guy there had no BTS insight but he said things were weird on their end. The X1D was discontinued as far as he knew. He wanted to sell their in store display model but Hasselblad told them to send it back. His comment was that he's never seen anything like it. Something is definitely off.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 01:22:08 am »

The lack of communication of Hasselblad on this situation is puzzling.

Cheers,
Bernard

tcdeveau

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 07:33:19 am »

FWIW recently (last 2-3 weeks?) there was an interview with a Hasselblad rep posted to the Hasselblad X1D Facebook page where he said they’re moving to a “announce products when they’re ready to ship” PR model. Seems HB isn’t ready to share. He also said regarding the X-system, the X-system clearly isn’t discontinued because they wouldn’t be releasing new lenses and accessories otherwise. Obviously that doesn’t address the X1D directly, but it’s the most I’ve heard from HB in a long time. HB may just want to control the remaining X1D stock to prevent firesales. Shrug.

PR has never been a strong suite of Hasselblad anyway. Their own web store says that estimated ship dates for the 80mm 1.9 and 135mm w 1.7x TC is end of March, and here we are already past the first week of April.

At this point, there are probably more productive things we all could be doing rather than continue speculating about what is going on behind closed doors ar HB. We’ll get more info when we get it.

pschefz

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 12:01:03 pm »

i think the idea that HB can just put the new 100mpix sensor into the X1D body and call it the X2D might be a little off? Fuji had no problems fitting the older 50mpix into a smaller, simpler body but i don't think they really, really wanted a 100s with an integrated grip, can't imagine they started out with that design....heat and power probably demand a body of a certain size...i am sure fuji would have loved to just fit the new sensor into the 50R body and tweak the 50S body to get rid of the rear bump....but they did not and it seems like it wasn't possible....
afaik the whole body of the X1D acts as a heat sink and it does get warm, i have shot it on a hot day outside in LA and i dont think there is much headroom in that regard....
i am sure HB will come out with a new 100mpix version but i would not be surprised to see a new body at this point. which would explain the strange silence. there is still time, fuji is not shipping theirs....
the real question of course is if hasselblad has the tech to compete with the 100S which right now looks like a pretty incredible camera, realistically nothing we have ever seen before....and at what price can they come even remotely close in AF, IBIS, speed, processing....
but even with the 100S there is still the question: it's just a slightly larger sensor....is the file actually better/different than the upcoming 60/80/100mpix sony/nikon offerings? and will the people who need that tiny extra (most of who are probably already shooting phase at this point)bite the bullet and just stay with that a little longer?

I am actually personally looking into a hasselblad product to purchase right now.....the DJI mavic pro 2 drone...when it came up that i will have to get a drone for a job, i obviously looked at that one first, largest sensor, hasselblad lens....easy choice, right? well looking into it a little more, i might actually end up with a different version or different company at this point....and i was honestly surprised how small the difference in IQ is between the (older) smaller sensors and the "new" 1" with HB lens....in reality the shots look very similar, in awful light both look like crap, and in good light they both look really good, very little between them.....so other factors come in which might end up adding more to the package then a few % of IQ.....

i guess the bottom line is there are so many amazing capture devices out there!
schefz.com
artloch.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 12:50:28 pm »

The drone is DJI. You won’t see any Hasselblad manufacturing lens quality in the MP2 lens.

Lens the the P4 Pro is a better all round lens. Sharp to corners

Hasselblad May have assisted with the color processing but from what’s been published optics are DJI.

Great tech for flight in a small package.  I have flown and shot with several of the MP2 drones but optics are disappointing at least from my experience.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

pschefz

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 02:05:53 pm »

The drone is DJI. You won’t see any Hasselblad manufacturing lens quality in the MP2 lens.

Lens the the P4 Pro is a better all round lens. Sharp to corners

Hasselblad May have assisted with the color processing but from what’s been published optics are DJI.

Great tech for flight in a small package.  I have flown and shot with several of the MP2 drones but optics are disappointing at least from my experience.

Paul C

my point was that i was surprised how small the difference in IQ is between the 1/2.3" sensors and the 1" sensor (4 times the size)....
no wonder the files from the leading 24x36 sensors are hard to tell from the 33x44....

obviously DJI did not buy hasselblad for their MF business....and i dont know what lens tech hasselblad has since afaik they never made lenses but used zeiss and fuji? either way the Hasselblad logo and name is used pretty heavily in all mavic pro 2 PR.....it worked for me, i pretty much went straight to it first only to find other options after a little research....
this is straight from their website....as far i  can tell it is mostly PR talk because if a sensor is 4 times the size and has all this advanced color tech and does not beat the pants off all the others?

Mavic 2 Pro with
Hasselblad Camera

Made in Sweden, Hasselblad cameras are renowned for their iconic ergonomic design, uncompromising image quality, and Swedish craftsmanship. Since 1941, Hasselblad cameras have captured some of the world’s most iconic images – including the first moon landing.

Co-engineered in partnership with Hasselblad after two years of tireless research, the Mavic 2 Pro comes equipped with the all-new Hasselblad L1D-20c camera. The L1D-20c possesses Hasselblad’s unique Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution (HNCS) technology, 5 helping users to capture gorgeous 20-megapixel aerial shots in stunning color detail.
schefz.com
artloch.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 02:28:38 pm »

I just believe that’s Marketing 101. But it worked for you and that’s what important. I realize the lens under exit shows Hasselblad. For if it really is Hasselblad I would be disappointed as the stock P4 Pro camera does better. Plenty has already been written on the short coming of the MP2 lens.

The lens is not that great. At least for me. If they really spent 2 years on then they should have gotten a better response. And had a mechanical shutter as an option.

Camera is pretty useless past base ISO and even that has trouble with shadow recovery.

The RX100 can easily shoot up to iso 800 with an older version of the chip.

Paul C

Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

faberryman

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 02:36:38 pm »

Is it idle curiosity or is someone holding off making a financial commitment pending an announcement from HB?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 03:03:15 pm »

Commitment would have to come from both HB and their parent company. DJI.

DJI has been going through some shake ups. And recent US China trade issues may make it worse.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

hubell

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 10:52:44 pm »

Is it idle curiosity or is someone holding off making a financial commitment pending an announcement from HB?

Neither.....more like idle sniping.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 10:20:49 am »

Hi Paul,

Didn't RX100 have a Stellar performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU5OVyTROoI

Really nice packaging...

Best regards
Erik

The RX100 can easily shoot up to iso 800 with an older version of the chip.

Paul C
Erik Kaffehr

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 10:48:00 am »

Hi Eric.

I feel it would  still be a good travel light camera. Now in its 4th or 5th version.

Paul C

Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 04:25:57 am »

Thanks!

I actually have the original version.

Best regards
Erik

Hi Eric.

I feel it would  still be a good travel light camera. Now in its 4th or 5th version.

Paul C
Erik Kaffehr

Endeavour

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 08:30:20 am »

I badly want a high quality, easy to manage (carry) landscape camera.

I already have Hassy H system, Phase one and large format film kit. But I am looking for a high end solution which I thought the X1D would offer me

I am pretty much ready to buy, but I am very reluctant to invest in the X1D at that price point today if they are merely trying to shift the remaining stock before either shutting the line down, or releasing a new model to the market and abandoning the X1D or I sit and watch the price drop from the sky

This is a common dilemma with lots of high end tech though I guess.

Still, doesnt help me with my desire for a nice new landscape camera for 2019

pschefz

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 11:55:18 am »

I badly want a high quality, easy to manage (carry) landscape camera.

I already have Hassy H system, Phase one and large format film kit. But I am looking for a high end solution which I thought the X1D would offer me

I am pretty much ready to buy, but I am very reluctant to invest in the X1D at that price point today if they are merely trying to shift the remaining stock before either shutting the line down, or releasing a new model to the market and abandoning the X1D or I sit and watch the price drop from the sky

This is a common dilemma with lots of high end tech though I guess.

Still, doesnt help me with my desire for a nice new landscape camera for 2019

if the sensor has to be larger then FF,  the 50R is the clear and easy choice....better (more stable) camera than X1D, better and cheaper glass, a complete system with a clear and laid out future (which looks pretty amazing), i am honestly not really clear why anyone wold at this point even consider the X1D?
to see how far FF has come and what the future looks like, the panasonic SR1 multishot files are crazy, crazy detailed, probably won't work for landscapes but it shows what the next gen FF sensors combined with serious computing are capable of.....fuji is firmly working on both angles, sony obviously as well, nikon doing hanging in there.....phase staying around as the cream of the cream on top.....all the hope and expectations i had for hasselblad have faded now....the X1D at least got some serious marketing traction, i am not sure how many were actually sold, not sure if DJI is getting their moneys worth with their "hasselblad" drones.....
hoping for a X2D but i doubt that at this point hasselblad can compete with fuji in any area.....and even if it does come out, i doubt it will be in a X1D body.....there is a reason the fuji 100S is a heftier camera overall....the sensor and processor probably demand much more power, space and cooling...
schefz.com
artloch.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up