Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picked it from my garden  (Read 581 times)

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
Picked it from my garden
« on: March 20, 2019, 08:50:32 pm »

Okay so my new Rodenstock Macro 210 arrived and yesterday I picked this flower to try my hand an a close up. I must admit I really struggled in getting the focus, what I did in the end was set the bellows extension on my Chamonix 8x10 to 420mm and then pretty much had the lens nearly touching the flower, from there I just moved the camera back slowly while looking at the ground glass and bobs your uncle the flower came into focus.............i fine tuned it but to be honest I would move the bellows out 1 inch and back 2 inches and nothing really changed so took the picture and here it is.

Neil

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Picked it from my garden
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 10:08:45 am »

Okay so my new Rodenstock Macro 210 arrived and yesterday I picked this flower to try my hand an a close up. I must admit I really struggled in getting the focus, what I did in the end was set the bellows extension on my Chamonix 8x10 to 420mm and then pretty much had the lens nearly touching the flower, from there I just moved the camera back slowly while looking at the ground glass and bobs your uncle the flower came into focus.............i fine tuned it but to be honest I would move the bellows out 1 inch and back 2 inches and nothing really changed so took the picture and here it is.

Neil

Beautiful image! Thanks for sharing!

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up