Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson SC-5000  (Read 441 times)

Roger_Breton

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 94
  • Passionate for color
    • Color management, in french
Epson SC-5000
« on: March 19, 2019, 01:58:30 pm »

After the demise of my Epson 4900, last year, hopeless clogging, I was VERY reluctant to give more of my hard-earned money once again to Mr. Epson. But, so far, I don't regret it, and want to quickly share my experience to date.

I received the printer at the beginning of August 2018.
Believe it or not, I'm still on the initial cartridges!
(See PNG attachment)

I did print the proofs I needed for a few clients.
I also ran some personal production.
I did purchase a complete set of 200ml cartridges but I have not need to touch them yet.

What can I say!

I keep running nozzle checks pretty much everyday plus some occasional "test" images, designed to make the printer consume inks.
For the most part, I did not get nozzle clogs, except on the Cyan, once?
I did one or two power cleanings which didn't do nothing to clear the clog but letting the printer rest overnight solved the problem.

Other than that, the printer has been good to me, even though I don't use heavily.

I hesitated before getting another Epson printer. I was almost ready to buy a Canon but, at the last minute, I changed my mind.

I'll try to follow up in a few months to see how good the beast is still working.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up