Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backup captures on import (and tether?)  (Read 2482 times)

ski542002

Backup captures on import (and tether?)
« on: March 19, 2019, 10:18:53 am »

Hi:  I know you can "backup raw captures on import" to another folder, or external hard drive.  I can't find the method to backup raw images that I capture while TETHERING. Is there a way to accomplish this?

uptownguydenver

• Denverphotoscapes
Re: Backup captures on import (and tether?)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 10:33:32 am »

One of the most popular methods on a Mac is ChronoSync. Set it up to monitor the Capture folder(s) and when an image is placed in that folder it will copy it to a backup drive.  It will also create a bootable clone, run a schedule, backup.
You can also purchase an ChronoAgent to transfer to a remote Mac. $49 for the ChronoAgent or $59 for the bundle. Always free upgrades. https://www.econtechnologies.com/index.html
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver

ski542002

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 11:29:16 am »

Hello:  I appreciate your reply!   Am familiar with and have used Chronosync.  I was looking for something automatic and immediate.   When C1 captures via tether, I'd prefer it automatically send a duplicate to a selected secondary location.  The workflow looks to be an easy setup when duplicating images on import from a card, but I've not seen anything for the tether.

To expand a bit.  I'm going backwards. I'm tethering to a very fast external ssd.  My session is on the external so if I need to work on a different Mac, I just mount the external to whatever machine I'm working on, and launch the session on the SSD and get to processing.  Works great. But, that makes my desire for a consistent immediate backup (while I shoot), to be a difficult process.  I had been using time machine when I used to tether my sessions to the laptop hard drive.  While I shoot, it would backup automatically to my time machine.  Just another level of redundancy, which I prefer.

I need to research, but don't know if I can do a time machine backup from my capture ssd, to another destination on my laptop.  It would just be from "jobs folder on ssd", to "jobs folder on the laptop", nothing more. IF that's not possible, I might just do occasional drag-and-drop backups from my external to a backup on my laptop.  Then my normal laptop time machine backup would grab my project as it updates, every 15 minutes.

Thanks!

sam@

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 06:25:37 am »

Hi -

Curious if you found an easy way to do this please?

I am interested also as exactly as you described --> capture to external ssd + a simple backup to laptop

Thanks

BFD

• Dana Neibert
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 01:56:27 am »

Hi -

Curious if you found an easy way to do this please?

I am interested also as exactly as you described --> capture to external ssd + a simple backup to laptop

Thanks
You could setup a RAID 1 which will write the same information to 2 drives at the same time.

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 07:16:49 am »

Hi:  I know you can "backup raw captures on import" to another folder, or external hard drive.  I can't find the method to backup raw images that I capture while TETHERING. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Currently this is only available natively in Capture One Enterprise/Studio through the Next Capture Backup tool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up