Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo Actus vs Cambo WRS 1250  (Read 680 times)

felix5616

Cambo Actus vs Cambo WRS 1250
« on: March 17, 2019, 01:09:50 pm »

This might be a stupid question I am trying to understand what variables affect the choice of shooting with a Cambo Actus vs a Cambo Tech camera? For someone shooting landscapes predominately what is the advantage of one over the other?

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
Re: Cambo Actus vs Cambo WRS 1250
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:11:53 pm »

Hy
I have a Cambo WRS and a Cambo Ultima 23.

The big advantage of the WRS is that the lens and the digiback are 100% parallel.
For wide angle photography this is very important. 
On the other hand is the Actus much more flexible than the WRS. (More movements, more lenses etc.)
The WRS is more robust and smaller. So it's easier to put it in a backpack and the set up is faster.
I found the Actus a bit too wobbly for wide angles.

All this is my opinion, there are others too.

Regards,
Ben
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 07:36:41 pm by ben730 »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Cambo Actus vs Cambo WRS 1250
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 03:13:01 pm »

Mostly echoing Ben's sentiments above...

For landscape photography a pancake style tech camera is strongly preferable across the board. It is far more rigidly parallel, more compact, more wind-resistant, and more precise.

The main limitation of tech cameras is they are not well suited to macro photography, very long lens photography, and require a digital back (e.g. not a GFX/X1D/Canon/Sony/Nikon etc).

A bellows camera works with a wider range of cameras (e.g. GFX/X1D/Canon/Sony/Nikon) but has far greater limits on wide-angle lenses and is harder to keep completely parallel (which, as noted by Ben) is more important the wider angle the lens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up