Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alpa Rodenstock HR Digaron S 35mm f4 lens, mint, for 12, TC, Max, SWA, etc.  (Read 1542 times)

narikin

Alpa Rodenstock HR Digaron S 35mm f4 lens, mint for Alpa 12 cameras like TC, STC, WA, Max, etc.

This is the Digaron S line, which Rodenstock made as the highest optical benchmark for MF digital backs. It is not an adapted film era lens, but a true clean sheet digital lens, designed for covering an MF digital sensor with the ultimate resolution they could achieve.  Alpa sell this same lens now as the 'Alpa HR Alpar 35mm/f4', with a yellow band on the front, instead of magenta, but optically identical.

The 35mm f4, was is a great all purpose wide angle, with a very large front element and f4, which Rodenstock state needs no center filter - a rare thing in MF wide angles lenses: you just use it straight 'as is'. There is some modest vignetting, of course, but that is easily dealt with inCapture One or Lightroom. Great for backpacking/ walk around, but equally excellent on a tripod for careful composition. Focus is 0.4m to infinity. There is a bit of extra image circle for shifting if needed, but this lens is all about out-and-out maximum resolution, rather than formulated to give a giant image circle. It also has a beautiful deep multi-coating.

This is a symmetrical design I believe, which solves much of the weird distortions you see in complicated retrofocus wides. Capture One has a lens profile for it too.

Comes with front and rear lens caps, I thought I had the box somewhere, but have not found it as yet, so please consider it not present. If it turns up, I'll include it, of course.

This lens is really mint!  No marks on it anywhere. front, back, inside. Truly excellent. It is the classic Alpa mount, for placing direct onto a TC, STC, SWA, etc. No spacers needed. It is the only mount type available - there was not a Short Barrel version - it's not possible with wide angle symmetrical design.

Asking $3195 Currently $7000 at Alpa!!

Personal pickup in NYC welcome.
PM me if interested or any questions, Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:45:47 pm by narikin »

Manloveschihuahua

Sent 2 messages, waiting for reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up