Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Named/lockable variants  (Read 824 times)

Rado

Named/lockable variants
« on: March 10, 2019, 05:35:24 pm »

As C1's editing power increases I'm trying to do more and more work in C1 before exporting to PS. It's not unusual for me to have 5+ variants of the same photo while I explore different edits.

What I would like to see is
- being able to name a variant
- being able to lock a variant from further edits (until I unlock it)

It's way too easy to start messing with a variant that I want to preserve for the future in case I need to come back to that particular edit. I know the solution is to clone the variant before experimenting but I always forget. Hence the locking. What do you folks think? Anything else you'd like to see? I'm going to send that as a feature request to P1.

LeonD

Re: Named/lockable variants
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 08:19:49 am »

Not sure if I'd use the locking or not.  I could see myself trying to edit a locked variant all the time.  :o

But I do think somehow naming variants would be helpful.  Other than the color vs bw, a lot of the variant differences are subtle.  Too subtle to tell what's different from the thumbnails.

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
Re: Named/lockable variants
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 12:42:59 pm »

Not sure if I'd use the locking or not.  I could see myself trying to edit a locked variant all the time.  :o

But I do think somehow naming variants would be helpful.  Other than the color vs bw, a lot of the variant differences are subtle.  Too subtle to tell what's different from the thumbnails.

I really like this idea, both the locking and the naming.

One option for now might be to use the notation/markup settings to scribble yourself a note on the image.

It'd be great then if we could actually type something rather than using the mouse or stylus to messily write something.

Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up