Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One and Epson Print Layout  (Read 3508 times)

LeonD

Capture One and Epson Print Layout
« on: March 08, 2019, 11:27:37 am »

I've been printing from within Capture One with some success but it's been a frustrating experience.  Seems like every time I print, my settings go thru a randomizer.  Especially when I first open the application.

First hearing about Epson's Print Layout here, I decided to give it a try a while back.  Very easy to use but it was adding an extra step to my workflow.

Then today, knowing Capture One 12 accepted plug ins, I decided to see if I could use Epson Print Layout as one.  Sure enough, I can!  This completely streamlines and simplifies the process.  Printing now is almost fun (except for the cost of the ink).   ;)

It works similar to other plug in apps.  If I have a raw file, select "Edit With" and Capture One will create a TIFF file to be sent over to Epson Print Layout.  If you already have a TIFF, then use "Open With" and Epson Print Layout will use the existing TIFF file.

(Using "Open With" on a RAW file will send the file without any existing edits.  Using "Edit With" on a TIFF file will create a second TIFF file.)

Mariya321

• I'm a photographer and Graphic Designer
    • Graphic World 24
Re: Capture One and Epson Print Layout
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 07:55:15 am »

yeah, Epson Print Layout with Capture One 12 accepted plug ins is very helpful for fun printing. Thanks for sharing the experience.

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 05:06:50 am »

I just installed the Epson Print Layout application on my iMacPro. I plan to try it out as a plug-in for Capture One Pro 12 this week.

Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

julianv

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 11:04:40 pm »

I'll add my thanks to LeonD for this suggestion.  For my needs, the printing UI in Capture One is overly complex.

I created an output recipe that passes a TIFF file to Epson Print Layout.  It works, but I discovered that the Epson app can't read ZIP compressed files.  Capture One does not offer the LZW option.  So I have to send uncompressed TIFFs.

Kumsa

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 02:50:17 pm »

When I first read of the Epson Print Layout compatibility from this post, I was really hoping it would work as stated.

It's a thing of beauty. The Epson Print Layout does exactly what I need (until I need to go to a RIP), and the C1 ability to export the TIFF exactly how I need it, is amazing. My workflow is super fast and I have fewer required re-prints.

Thanks !
Pages: [1]   Go Up