Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200-ink-  (Read 4067 times)

Larry451

Z3200-ink-
« on: March 07, 2019, 07:59:20 pm »

Hi, My new Z3200 was working fine until I had to install a new Green cart.... which I did but the printer keeps saying cart empty.  The cart is new and full of ink and well shaken...
any suggestions
Larry.

John Nollendorfs

Re: Z3200-ink-
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 09:53:48 pm »

Have you cleaned the contacts of the cart and in the slot? Coffee filter paper is the preferred material for cleaning.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Larry451

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 08:48:21 am »

thanks
I'll try that today
regards
Larry.

glyph

• Ron H.
    • Glyph Art Studio
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 02:45:14 pm »

I had a similar problem recently and found that my problem was solved by slicing the label on both sides and then replacing the plastic cap with the contacts from another cartridge.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 08:17:03 am »

I had a similar problem recently and found that my problem was solved by slicing the label on both sides and then replacing the plastic cap with the contacts from another cartridge.

Good idea!

Larry451

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 10:51:25 am »

Hi  I cleaned the nozzle on the cart and the printer, then I unplugged the printer for a few minutes.  restarted and voila,  no empty cart sign.
thanks again to all for the suggestions.
great help on this site.
regards
Larry.

Larry451

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 10:56:08 am »

typed too soon,  started to make a profile and the printer told me I have no green ink
back to cutting the labels
Larry.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 04:51:41 am »

typed too soon,  started to make a profile and the printer told me I have no green ink
back to cutting the labels
Larry.

Did that solve it? Normally does but if not, listen whether the printer pumps on that cartridge and then says it's empty.  I had a case like that and I assume the membrane valve between pump and bag got stuck one way or another.  Took out the ink and put it in a 772 cart with a 70 chip cap, it is easier to fill the bigger carts from the top.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots

Larry451

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 10:40:07 am »

Hi,  no cutting the labels and replacing the top didn't solve the problem.  I'm going to order a new green cart today.  I'll also try your suggestion
thanks
Larry.

Larry451

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 10:58:19 am »

Hi Ernst.   
Could you explain a bit more how to refill the carts.  are you using a syringe?
I could not hear a sound when I replaced the cart.  I just get the: "ink cartridge faulty" sign. 
thanks
Larry.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 12:50:41 pm »

Hi Ernst.   
Could you explain a bit more how to refill the carts.  are you using a syringe?
I could not hear a sound when I replaced the cart.  I just get the: "ink cartridge faulty" sign. 
thanks
Larry.

It could be done with a blunt needle + syringe through a hole at the bottom of the cart, behind the chip cap. Small "rubber" ball in a hole that can be pulled out with a screw etc. But I found that quite a messy thing with the risk that air is getting in the cartridge and pumped out when that cart becomes empty.

Nowadays I buy the 772 carts and put a no 70 chip cap at the bottom. They contain 300ml. When I have inks left for a reason like you experienced I put that ink in a near empty 772 cart from the top. Today I only use the Z3200 and have the Z3100 retired for spare parts so leftover inks of that machine go that way too. The upper cap of the cart can be removed like the lower cap can be removed, cut labels etc. Then with scissors a corner of the ink bag is cut off (highest corner when the cart is on the printer) so a small hole can be made and ink is poured in either with a syringe or a small funnel.  Be aware the bags have an inner lining of I guess polyethylene so you must be sure the ink goes within that inner lining bag and not between the lining and outer bag. I fold the bag corner twice to close it and put a paperclip on the fold. Then the cap back on. Empty the cart weighs 120 grams. A new one full weighs 420 grams.  I keep the weight somewhere in between when filled, weight 200 to 350 grams. Never go for near empty as air will be sucked into the tubes and heads, At 150 grams I rather throw away the last ink and then a new 772 cart goes in that will not be refilled but sucked to empty. The 772 cartridges are available for some of the more used inks like yellow, light grey, the blacks, light magenta, magenta, light cyan. I cleaned some 772 light grey carts to use for the Gloss Enhancer and Grey inks that are not available in normal 772 carts. Red Blue and Green are still no 70 carts, low consumption.

I expect that the Z9+ gloss enhancer cart (300ml) no 747 can be used as well in the future. Shape is similar to the 772 carts. I doubt there will be a conflict between the inks. Speculating here for sure.

Larry451

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 05:08:53 pm »

Hi, Ernst:
thank you..  for going into detail about "how" much appreciated.
I've ordered a new HP 70 green  It comes from Quebec(montreal) and I'm in Bancroft Ontario. one province away; 8 to 10 business days.... we have a lot of snow right now but 8-10 days?  welcome to Canada. <grin>

regards
Larry.

deanwork

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 07:13:17 pm by deanwork »

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 04:18:42 am »

John,

The third party refillable carts have no pump. I tried similar ones on Deskjets and I always ran into trouble with them on the ink flow. I needed several chip sets too when used with Windows drivers as after some time the chips were not accepted and I had to replace them with another set, reusable for the next switch though. With the Linux Deskjet drivers that problem did not appear. Similar issues with chip boards on the Z3100 and Z3200 that intercepted control from the mainboard. I always used the HP Vivera pigment inks on the Z's but found the 130 ML size a handicap when doing big jobs. Sometimes you did not see a cart switch in a print result, sometimes you do.

For simplicity the 772 carts with a 70 cap are the best. For refilling too.

deanwork

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 06:54:39 pm »

Yea, that’s scary. I avoid third party carts in general. Even with the Epson ones they also rarely fit well.

With the HP pigment replacements, I would not personally trust their consistency and certainly not the longevity.

So you need to take the top off of the area of the printer where the ink carts are located to use the
772 inks.

John,

The third party refillable carts have no pump. I tried similar ones on Deskjets and I always ran into trouble with them on the ink flow. I needed several chip sets too when used with Windows drivers as after some time the chips were not accepted and I had to replace them with another set, reusable for the next switch though. With the Linux Deskjet drivers that problem did not appear. Similar issues with chip boards on the Z3100 and Z3200 that intercepted control from the mainboard. I always used the HP Vivera pigment inks on the Z's but found the 130 ML size a handicap when doing big jobs. Sometimes you did not see a cart switch in a print result, sometimes you do.

For simplicity the 772 carts with a 70 cap are the best. For refilling too.

Larry451

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 07:32:17 pm »

Hi : one thing that bothers me is the fact that the green cart that I used to replace the cart that came with the printer was a genuine HP 70 cart.  Does that mean HP is cutting corners with their carts/chips?  Hopefully this isn't a common occurrence..
I used cone's colour ink + carts in many epsons for years without too many issues.  ;)
regards
Larry.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 06:54:24 am »

Hi : one thing that bothers me is the fact that the green cart that I used to replace the cart that came with the printer was a genuine HP 70 cart.  Does that mean HP is cutting corners with their carts/chips?  Hopefully this isn't a common occurrence..

regards
Larry.

Some time ago I had a blue cart that at some point was rejected by the printer. Inserted another one and it worked fine. Kind of hickup in the firmware/chip recognition, I doubt it is a production issue or an HP policy.  Sometimes it is not worth it to analyze issues like that.

EDit: In a separate message to answer John, I added some images but the website did not accept them. Size and type were correct.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 07:02:21 am by Ernst Dinkla »

Larry451

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 10:16:08 am »

"Sometimes it is not worth it to analyze issues like that."

Well said.  It was a bit of a rant.

I really just want to carry on printing with this exceptional Z3200
regards
Larry.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 10:40:49 am »

Yea, that’s scary. I avoid third party carts in general. Even with the Epson ones they also rarely fit well.

With the HP pigment replacements, I would not personally trust their consistency and certainly not the longevity.

So you need to take the top off of the area of the printer where the ink carts are located to use the
772 inks.

I always used the HP Vivera pigment inks. Both for their longevity and the compatibility with the heads. Costs are reduced by buying bigger carts.

The cartridge compartment lids can not be closed, not something I worry about.

dehnhaide

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 10:50:59 am »

The cartridge compartment lids can not be closed, not something I worry about.

Noooo way! Looks so lame on HP! Is that because by the time the 3200 was launched such large cartridges were not available or is it just poor product design?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up