Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GFX to viewcamera adapter-plate-fits on SINAR system ???  (Read 735 times)

zobeleye

• zobeleye
GFX to viewcamera adapter-plate-fits on SINAR system ???
« on: March 05, 2019, 09:16:54 am »

Hi guys,
just found this GFX mount adapter plate from fuji. is there any way to fit it to my old Sinar. The old mountingplates for the Sinar have equal sides. Seems like the ratio of this plate is different...
cheers
Stephan
mac pro 32 gb,eizoCG318,LR,nikon,fuji,Pentax645Z
http://zobeleye.com/

TimoK

Re: GFX to viewcamera adapter-plate-fits on SINAR system ???
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 05:30:34 am »

It's very probably it fits. Fuji doesn't tell exactly, but it looks like the adapter plate fits on graflock mount, which is an old standard in camera industry and almost all view cameras have it.
I guess your Sinar has the so called spring back (you put film cassette behind the ground glass, which is mounted with springs).
To see the Graflock you have to remove the spring back. There are two "knobs" or pieces of metal over and under the ground glass (if in horizontal position). Push them and slide the back with ground glass a little to left or right and take away. Don't drop it!
Now you see two sliders also over and under the hole. With them you can mount many kind of equipment, the film cassette for example, and I guess the Fuji view camera adapter too.

Wjkimmerle

Re: GFX to viewcamera adapter-plate-fits on SINAR system ???
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:06:52 pm »

I do not have GFX or a Sinar but this may still be helpful - the Fotodiox adapter plate for the X1D works on my Horseman 4x5 as it is a Graflock type adapter. If the Sinar is Graflock type it should also work.

The system works, however be aware that movements are very limited as the camera’s sensor is set much further from the lens than sheet film would be (I end up fighting the camera to get the bellows to stay in place when trying movements so closely) - one alternative I have been meaning to try is using a recessed lens board to bring the lens and sensor closer to a normal relationship between lens and film (I would highly suggest investigating that option if you are trying this).
Pages: [1]   Go Up