Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 Front Feed Gets Stuck and Rear Door Flips  (Read 605 times)

dnj

Epson P800 Front Feed Gets Stuck and Rear Door Flips
« on: March 04, 2019, 08:59:51 pm »

My P800 has suddenly started doing something strange. Feeding from the top works fine, but if I feed a letter size sheet from the front, it gets stuck, makes a grinding noise and then reports a jam. The paper gets scored on the back side. It looks as if the paper jams when it hits the back door; it seems that the printer is attempting to flip the back door 20 degrees or so towards its closing position, and if I flip it back while it's grinding, the paper will move up and load properly.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Daniel

marlakart

Re: Epson P800 Front Feed Gets Stuck and Rear Door Flips
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 04:16:49 pm »

Hi Daniel,

I am experiencing the exact same problem, and have been searching the forum for any information.  I am able to load my paper through the sheet feeder just fine, but when in the print settings, I am not able to select cold press bright as my paper choice.  I am not able to select any fine art paper as a choice, only ultra premium presentation matte.  It seems to print fine with that though.  Have you found a solution?  Are you able to front feed larger sheets of paper?  Mine only catches on smaller sizes.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 09:11:17 pm »

Did you select the proper "Paper Source" ?
Regards,
Ron

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 10:42:12 pm »

You also want to make sure that the media type on the printer is selected for Fine Art Front Loading or it will also have issues feeding.  If the printer media type and printer driver have different settings, you can have issues all together; like the printer media type being matte and the default driver setting premium glossy (confuses the printer which paper it's printing to with bad colors due to wrong black being used).

I've fed different fine art papers through the front and haven't had that situation of the rear door opening, but that's me.  At least a few others have experienced it so you're not alone.  But make sure both printer and driver end have the same media type selected to feed properly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up