Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Layers in C1  (Read 987 times)

bwana

Layers in C1
« on: February 26, 2019, 10:02:11 pm »

Is it possible to load an image as a layer on top of another image? I know that C1 is a raw processor and this kind of question is in the regime of Photoshop. However, image blending has become more and more frequent (HDR, focus stacking, compositing, etc). Having this simple ability in C1 seems like a logical extension of the 'heal and repair layer' ability. Instead of just referring the source and target from the same image, one might be able to load two images in the viewer and use them for the source and target regions.

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
Re: Layers in C1
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 03:48:43 am »

Is it possible to load an image as a layer on top of another image? I know that C1 is a raw processor and this kind of question is in the regime of Photoshop. However, image blending has become more and more frequent (HDR, focus stacking, compositing, etc). Having this simple ability in C1 seems like a logical extension of the 'heal and repair layer' ability. Instead of just referring the source and target from the same image, one might be able to load two images in the viewer and use them for the source and target regions.

I'm sorry, but currently it is not possible in Capture One to have a layer from a different variant.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Layers in C1
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 03:53:27 am »

Hi,

No, Capture One currently only uses Adjustment layers.

It would indeed be useful if C1 also was able to use image layers. But, until recently, that was more an image editing functionality rather than a Raw converter's.

Maybe future C1 versions will start adding such functionality, since the PhaseOne IQ4 series added improved in-camera Black Calibration functionality, and features to accommodate Focus-stacking. This shows that PhaseOne is clearly trying to beat the laws of physics with known procedures. As they gain more experience, who knows we might see more of that when it also gets incorporated in Capture One (but it would require a major rewrite of the underlying processing) ...

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up