Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ps update from CC2018 to CC2019. Missing 2 of 3 plugins  (Read 780 times)

saiguy

Ps update from CC2018 to CC2019. Missing 2 of 3 plugins
« on: February 24, 2019, 08:25:10 pm »

Did the update. Thought I checked the option to remove the 2018 version, it did not remove it and that may be a good thing.

Have 3 plugins I use. Neat Image, LaserSoft SRDx, and FocusMagic. Only Neat Image is now available in the Filter menu. Is there a simple way to copy/paste those plugins, drag and drop them from CC2018 plugins folder into CC2019 plugins folder. Do I need to go to those 2 vendors to get them back?

Advice much appreciated.

saiguy

Re: Ps update from CC2018 to CC2019. Missing 2 of 3 plugins
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 09:10:35 pm »

Problem fixed. I dragged the plugins from 2018 folder to the 2019 folder. They are all available in the filter menu now.

kirkt

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 08:07:00 am »

With the transition to the CC versions of Photoshop, plug-ins live in a common folder that all versions of PS CC can access, obviating the need to copy-paste.

Windows:
Hard Drive\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC

Mac:
Hard Drive/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC

This is where plug-ins should be installed.  Although it typically will work, Adobe advises against copy-paste - they advise the user to use the third-party provider's installer.

See:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-troubleshooting.html

Kirk

saiguy

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 09:39:00 am »

Kirkit.  Thanks for this information. Think I will move the 2 plugins out of the place I copied them to the desk top on my Mac MBP.

Then go to the vendors and reinstall/down load the plugins. Dose this sound like a good approach. Then see if they show up in the right place.

The 2 plugins opened from the Filter Menu and looked as before. But I have not used them yet on any images.

saiguy

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 11:23:52 am »

Kirkt.

I go to Library/Application Support/Adobe. There is no Plug-ins folder there. If I go to Applications/Adobe/PS 2018 & 2019 there are plug-ins folders. Focus Magic & SRDx are there. NeatImage is not and that is the one that carried over. There is a Generator folder but is empty. So very confused.

Your Adobe link talks about a Shared Creative Cloud place for 3rd party plug-ins. I have the photography plan subscription PS & LR. But don't think I have the Shared CC thing. Seems it has to be downloaded and not sure where to do that. But that may solve present & future issues. I do not use the Cloud except for Dropbox. I moved the 2 dragged & dropped plugs-ins out from the Applications/Adobe 2019/plug-ins folder. And that is where I am at now.

Advise will be much appreciated.

kirkt

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 02:14:24 pm »

Are you sure you are navigating to the root level Library, not the user level Library folder?

If you have modern installers that are CC aware, they should install the plug-ins to the common location - if not, you can drag them there manually.  Worst-case, you make a copy of the plug-in and place it in the local plug-in folder inside the PSCC app folder.

Kirk

saiguy

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 08:59:28 am »

Before my last reply I tried going in from Mac HD that was listed under Devices. That did not work. This time I dragged Mac HD to the upper panel and it worked just like your screen shot. And Neat Image was the only plug-in there. Will download the other 2 now.

Thanks Kirkt. You saved me!

kirkt

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 10:44:08 am »

You're welcome - sometimes it is easy to confuse which Library directory is being referenced.

kirk
Pages: [1]   Go Up