Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: actions  (Read 687 times)

James_Schei

actions
« on: February 21, 2019, 11:38:42 am »

Hey all, is Jeff Schewe still hanging around here? If so a question about action's. I can not remember if you went in depth about making testing and editing them in any of the videos that you did here. (I bought most of them before the streaming switch) If you did can you point me in the direction? If not anything on youtube etc. that you know of that go's in depth? I have your   Real World Image Sharpening   book which has quite a bit of info in the last chapter. But just wondering if any more in depth video's are around. Thanks.

jwlimages

Re: actions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:24:43 pm »

This might be overkill, as the work referenced here is reportedly extremely advanced & comprehensive (as well as a bit pricey), but if you want the ultimate, check out Davide Barranca's work here. Sounds like it goes beyond actions into scripting, if that's relevant...

HTH,

John

James_Schei

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 09:16:09 am »

Thanks, a bit more than I was looking for info and price. But would be interesting to see how people are making all these new panels that they are selling these days.

howardm

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 10:06:29 am »

They aren't using just actions.  They are well down in the mud of scripting and whatever mechanisms PS provides for extending functionality.

Actions are like the 'BASIC' (computer language) of PS.  You can get stuff done but you run out of muscle to do heavy lifting
Pages: [1]   Go Up