Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC/E vs bellows  (Read 654 times)

bwana

PC/E vs bellows
« on: February 19, 2019, 11:06:19 am »

I am thinking about a tilt lens for architecture and landscapes. The Nikon 24 or 18 was my initial thought but then I read about the fact that the Nikon shift and tilt are on different axes and if you want them otherwise you'd need to send the lens in to nikon for reassembly. Not sure what that might allow me to do. Then I saw another thread elsewhere about using this adapter
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1349172-REG/fotodiox_4x5_gfx_pro_pro_lens_mount_adapter.html/?ap=y&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzp211dfG4AIVgjlpCh15wg8eEAYYASABEgKyCvD_BwE&lsft=BI%3A514&smp=Y

on a fuji 50r with nikon lenses. The quality is very enticing but the weight of the gadget is off-putting. Still I might go the photodiox route if the flexibility is there. I'm looking to make images so the increased dynamic range and resolution of the fuji (over the D810) are also appealling. Still, I hike and ski with the nikon and it already taxes the limits of my agility. Nevertheless, every time I struggle , I just think of AAdams hiking w 60lbs on his back in Yellowstone and the struggle fades.

Has anyone used this photodiox adapter?

Aram Hăvărneanu

Re: PC/E vs bellows
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 11:35:11 am »

You don't really need to send the 24mm to Nikon for readjustment, you only need a screwdriver and two minutes of your time: http://www.achim-sieger.de/en/axis-change-pc-e-nikkor-24mm/

The 19mm doesn't need this adjustment.

Two23

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 01:34:40 pm »

The 24mm pce is my favorite lens.  I mostly only use rise/fall or shift (for panos.) I haven't missed the separate axis shift.   When I need more movements I just use 4x5.

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

bwana

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 04:59:16 pm »

thank you for that link on the lens adjustment.  it looks easy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up