Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ProGraph 2000 not printing correctly Using RR Palo Duro Etching  (Read 721 times)

JudyKonopka

Hi all,

I am using Red River Palo Duro Etching and am experiencing some problem printing.  It was a vector file which I placed in photoshop (as I always do). It has large areas of solid color.  On one side of the print (mostly the left side as it leave the printer), it almost looks like "artifacts" you would see in a low resolution file (it's not, I'm just trying to describe the look).  To me, it looks like the paper's textured is consistent, but the "artifacts" I am seeing are part of the texture of the paper, as if I am not getting sufficient ink coverage.

Any ideas on what to try or do?  I haven't had this problem in the past....

Thanks!

I.T. Supplies

Re: Canon ProGraph 2000 not printing correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 11:41:04 am »

What setting do you have on the media type and are you using a standard or custom profile for the paper?  If the media type and profile match the best to their paper and it's giving you this issue, it could be a coating problem where it's not having the ink stick to it properly.

JudyKonopka

Re: Canon ProGraph 2000 not printing correctly Using RR Palo Duro Etching
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 12:16:20 pm »

I'm using the standard ICC profile for this paper and using heavy weight fine art paper.

JudyKonopka

Re: Canon ProGraph 2000 not printing correctly
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 12:18:43 pm »

What setting do you have on the media type and are you using a standard or custom profile for the paper?  If the media type and profile match the best to their paper and it's giving you this issue, it could be a coating problem where it's not having the ink stick to it properly.

How do you solve a coating problem?

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 02:59:36 pm »

If it's a coating issue, that's something you have to deal with the the place you got it from.  Probably a bad batch made with the inkjet coating issue that needs to be looked into on their end.

However, check with the company it came from (most likely Red River) and confirm this issue.  They should send you a replacement and make sure it's from a different batch.

The media type sounds good though. 

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 03:24:17 pm »

I have gotten a bad roll of Aurora natural paper from Red River before. It was weird, showed like the artifacts you describe on certain kinds of images only. On a different batch of paper, same image looked fine. Maybe contact them for replacement???

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 04:29:52 pm »

Flip the image 180 degrees and see if the problem stays with the same side of the paper.  If it does it confirms the roll of paper has a problem.

JudyKonopka

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 08:09:33 am »

I have gotten a bad roll of Aurora natural paper from Red River before. It was weird, showed like the artifacts you describe on certain kinds of images only. On a different batch of paper, same image looked fine. Maybe contact them for replacement???

Thanks, I spoke with them yesterday, still up in negotiations.

JudyKonopka

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 08:10:26 am »

Flip the image 180 degrees and see if the problem stays with the same side of the paper.  If it does it confirms the roll of paper has a problem.

Ahh, that's a really good suggestion, thanks so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up