Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Street scene from Lima and a painters interpretation  (Read 526 times)

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Street scene from Lima and a painters interpretation
« on: February 17, 2019, 03:23:16 pm »

I was browsing some older pictures and wanted to show a street scene from Lima, Peru as a photography I took back in 2009 and a Peruvian painters interpretation after he saw my photograph. The painter is Enrique Polanco who is a well known Peruvian painter.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Street scene from Lima and a painters interpretation
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 03:37:35 pm »

One example where I do not see that the subject matter benefits from painting. It is also an example where the inherent veracity of photography contributes to the perception of the subject matter.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 09:29:13 pm »

I like the original photograph also better than the painting.
Good thing is that that the painter didn't just copy the photo, he used it as inspiration and produced a quite different art piece.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 05:00:39 am »

Thanks very much for the comments. A painter has complete freedom (of course) to express what he wants and can be an interesting contrast to a photograph. I have 10 of such pictures with his interpretation of these in painting. I started out photographing locations in Lima where he had already painted in the past and then after seeing my pictures he painted the interpretations from my photos.

Here are some more of my pictures from Lima https://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Street-Scenes/Lima-2nd-Edition/

Here is another example
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 05:05:38 am by Hans Kruse »

rabanito

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 04:39:25 pm »

I understand that the painter didn't paint the scenes but copied or interpreted your photographs, not a real scene.
Pages: [1]   Go Up