Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Responsive scaling  (Read 1502 times)

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
Responsive scaling
« on: February 16, 2019, 10:28:46 pm »

Is there any way the forum can be configured so that images in posts either 1) are scaled to fit the screen of a mobile device, or 2) are always clickable links that open the image in its own window?

Some images show up as attachments, and some open into their own window when clicked, but I often find images on the forum unviewable on an iPad. Those images extend off the screen, and are cropped at the column’s edge. I can pan them through the window, but there is no way to see the whole image at once. For example, the image in this post: https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=129119.msg0;topicseen#new

Is ther anything that case be done about that? Or is there some setting I’m unaware of that will fix it on my end?
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Responsive scaling
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 10:40:07 pm »

... Is ther[e] anything that case be done about that? Or is there some setting I’m unaware of that will fix it on my end?

Images that are attached should be at least 1205px in order to open in its own window.

Images that are hosted elsewhere (as the one you referenced)... well, we are out of luck with those.

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 10:54:15 pm »

OK, I get that, but there are responsive technologies that scale images to the detected device’s assumed screen size. Might those be employed to solve that in this forum?
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 11:53:35 pm »

Frankly it is annoying not just on mobile devices but also on regular PCs with smaller/lower resolution displays.  You have to zoom out the browser window to get all of the images contained within but then the text becomes too small to read.  There should be an option to attach all files as thumbnails (or made mandatory) which then can open in separate windows. 

I also dislike reading the articles on the main page because of the all the giant images you have to scroll through to get a few lines of text in-between.  Those could also be placed as smaller versions of themselves, perhaps on the side of the text as you would have on print magazines, that can be clicked to be seen at higher resolution on a new window.

:Niranjan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up