Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some More Annie L  (Read 667 times)

32BT

• Pictures
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

Re: Some More Annie L
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 07:26:25 am »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/arts/design/annie-leibovitz-exhibition-los-angeles.html

https://www.hauserwirth.com/hauser-wirth-exhibitions/23121-annie-leibovitz-early-years-1970-1983

If I were a representative for Epson, I'd negotiate a "Powered by Epson!" Sponsor deal.

The BBC had a documentary about her some years ago where she had all these pix pinned to walls in her country house in the same collective manner; they were being looked at by a book publisher and resulted in her thick book which, unfortunately, departed quite widely from the direction I thought the docu was suggesting it would go; it ended up as a too personal tome on her family life and her friendship with her late writer friend.

A waste of around a hundred euros, at least, for me.

Win some, lose more. I passed my medical for the driving licence renewal this morning. Another year of the Fiesta, with luck.

Only glitch I see ahead (ever the optimist, despite dark imaging) is that I need a double cataract event, and if nothing gets done before the possible thunderbolt of a bad Brexit, I may find myself a permanent pedestrian after next year. What a thought!

Rob
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:47:20 am by Rob C »

mbaginy

Re: Some More Annie L
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 08:09:59 am »

Quote from: Rob C link=topic=129113.msg1096046#msg1096046 date=1550319985
I passed my medical for the driving licence renewal this morning.
[/quote
Congrats, Rob!  I need to get a new driving license within the next three years (here in Germany).  Still have my initial one from 1972 and it's still valid.

I even get rental cars using that ancient thing, though not even I recognize myself on the picture.  Sadly, I seem to have lost my stateside licenses over the years.  Still have my US military license, but that would probably be questioned and it's only valid for vans, jeeps, douce-and-a-halves, M113, ...

Before I forget - thanks for the link, 32BT.  I enjoy Annie's photos.  Have her book, American Music, which I enjoy thumbing through.
Pages: [1]   Go Up