Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 8.2 with quicker image import  (Read 9300 times)

mbaginy

Re: LR 8.2 with quicker image import
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 10:42:01 am »

A reply from the Fujifilm Service Team in Germany explains that they are aware of this problem.  It seems to be a function of LR's recognition of Fujifilm profiles which apparently exist.  That's understandable since image metadata shows proper camera, lens and exposure details.  Fujifilm had already informed Adobe development teams, but nothing has been corrected yet (which I noticed).

I'll contact Adobe and see what they can offer.  The camera has been on the market for a number of years, so Adobe development folks have had enough time to implement a solution.

CASpyr

• Online portfolio
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 12:18:08 am »

I’ve updated LR to the current 8.2 and noticed that importing images along with creating previews is noticeably quicker.  LR even recognized the SD card and switched to import, normally it doesn’t when the SD card comes from my X-Pro1 (only from my X100T and 5D models).  But LR 8.2 still doesn't eject the SD card after import (only does that with my other cameras).

Anyone else notice a snappier import?

<snip>

To reply to Mike's actual question: yes, I have noticed a big improvement in import speed, which is very welcome! They definitely worked on that behind the scenes.
Christian Spyr - cspyr.zenfolio.com

mbaginy

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 06:44:37 am »

To reply to Mike's actual question: yes, I have noticed a big improvement in import speed, which is very welcome! They definitely worked on that behind the scenes.
Good to know that another photographer has noticed this too.  Thanks for your reply, Christian.
Sometimes I'm unsure if the performance really is quicker since processing speed of my iMac varies - it's feeling its age I guess.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up