Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some More Peter Lindbergh  (Read 827 times)

Rob C

Some More Peter Lindbergh
« on: February 14, 2019, 10:16:46 am »

https://www.nowness.com/story/peter-lindbergh-watching-waiting

You lose nothing useful by switching off the sound.

I posted this before, but not a lot to do with fashion - if anything at all - and I'm posting it as what I consider an object lesson in people lighting and what's important in exposure when you want to create a mood as distinct from a faux Karsh.

Anathema to some, the real deal for me.

Rob

mbaginy

Re: Some More Peter Lindbergh
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 03:37:59 pm »

I enjoyed the video, Rob.  Thanks for the link.  Black and white is the perfect choice for the film, color would have been greatly distracting.

You're right, lighting and exposure are finely controlled.  But then, the weather with diffuse lighting helped.  I like shooting in the rain - especially in b&w.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 07:24:09 am »

I enjoyed the video, Rob.  Thanks for the link.  Black and white is the perfect choice for the film, color would have been greatly distracting.

You're right, lighting and exposure are finely controlled.  But then, the weather with diffuse lighting helped.  I like shooting in the rain - especially in b&w.

I used to love rainy day light, but this year I discovered another personal failing: a reluctance to risk getting cold and wet. My brolly isn't always a handy aid to hand-held photography, even if sometimes it is!

Rob

imagetone

• http://www.tonymayimages.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 11:08:03 am »

Yes, great use of light and very effective in B&W. Does it for me (mostly). Confused by the blurb that says he travelled around the world, there don't seem to be that many different locations here, or is this just a clip? Or me?

Thanks Rob for this link and all the other great ones that help with the photographic education.

Tony
Pages: [1]   Go Up