Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H6D-100c no continuous shooting in bracketing mode  (Read 787 times)

Tarkowsky

H6D-100c no continuous shooting in bracketing mode
« on: February 13, 2019, 05:56:36 pm »

I sent in my H6D-100c for a problem with the HC 35-90mm and the technical expert that fixed the issue also upgraded the firmware.
With great surprise I found out that now I can not use the continuous shooting mode while bracketing.
Every time I have to click the remote control to get the camera taking a photo in a bracketing sequence cause the single mode is the only one available.
It's very annoying cause in some places (close to very noisy waterfalls) I have to position the camera in a way that a hardly see the upper screen where I can't see if the bracketing sequence is over plus I can't hear the clicking sound due to the surrounding noise.
In those situation just keeping the remote control pushed while the camera shoot 9 photos in a row it's very helpful.
I really have no idea what prompted Hasselblad to delete that option in the H6D-100c whereas in the X1D it's still there
I hope it's just an  oversight by Hasselblad and that it can be restored.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: H6D-100c no continuous shooting in bracketing mode
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 09:32:36 pm »

What happens when you change the Bracketing / Sequence setting?

Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

BAB

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 10:22:04 pm »

Did you change from single to continuous? Anyway Hasselblad has it crippled from the beginning it’s not one push to fire all the frames
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

Tarkowsky

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 03:50:59 pm »

What happens when you change the Bracketing / Sequence setting?
From the screen I can change the bracketting sequence from 0,+,- to -,0,+ or to any other setting with no problem.
Unfortunately you can't change the shooting mode from the screen but you have to use the ISO button (keeping it pushed a bit longer).
I tried to work in tethering mode without success (single mode is the only option availabele).

Tarkowsky

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 03:55:44 pm »

Did you change from single to continuous? Anyway Hasselblad has it crippled from the beginning it’s not one push to fire all the frames
As I said you can switch from single to continuous mode very easaly pushing the ISO button but when in bracketting mode you are stuck with the single mode.
I can assure you that with the X1D it's really one push to fire all the frame when in bracketting mode

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 04:56:16 pm »

From the screen I can change the bracketting sequence from 0,+,- to -,0,+ or to any other setting with no problem.
Unfortunately you can't change the shooting mode from the screen but you have to use the ISO button (keeping it pushed a bit longer).
I tried to work in tethering mode without success (single mode is the only option availabele).
No, you need to read the NEW manual V1.8 Page 109.
This has an error by the look of it because the text does not match the pictures (I suggest contacting H support )
The text talks about the Sequence 0, +, _ etc but the pictures show Camera Settings / Bracketing / Sequence has the Default Option "Exit".
I don't know about the H6D but the X1D has the options Exit or Stay and expect that the H6D is the same. See photo attached.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 05:07:50 pm »

Actually I just checked the X1D manual and probably the H6D manual has two mistakes and the picture is wrong also.
On the X1D it says "When Finished" with options of Exit or Stay

BAB

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 10:10:28 pm »

Well I can also tell you that on my H6D it will not continuously fire bracketed frames with one push, also it will stay in continuous bracketing if chosen or reset to normal after a bracketing sequence your choice.

from the manual

[size=78%]At the Continuous setting you can either maintain the pressure on the button to take all frames without stopping or you can release the pressure on the button and press again to continue to the end of the sequence without losing any frames within the set sequence.[/size]

It will however as did the h5d fire a bracketing sequence and give you a audible response when you have reached the last frame in your set (chosen) sequence.
It also won’t bracket 0,+1,+2. Only 9 bracketed frames but fron 0, under and over not just under brackets or just over brackets.
Hasselblad answer to why a continuous bracketing sequence is not available is because there is a patent on that....which means to me every other camera company in the world has it but not Hasselblad? The work a round might be interval settings I’ve never tried it. My ideal setup would be mirror up release the shutter when in bracket mode and continuous drive mode and the camera then fires off up to nine exposures that would seem basic RIGHT?

On another note as I was not only informed but promised from Hasselblad that I would be surprised and very happy regarding the future of my substantial investment with Hasselblad shortly. HOPE!

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 12:36:03 am »

Continuous or Single is set by the Drive setting whereas Stay or Exit is set in the Bracketing Setting.
Is there an S in the bottom of the H6D screen? If so then that should set Single or Continuous.
On the X1D the S is greyed out and you can only shoot continuous.
Regardless of whether you press once or press and hold it takes all the shots.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:14:38 am by BobShaw »
Pages: [1]   Go Up