Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujifilm X-T2 face focus question  (Read 948 times)

armand

• Photos
Fujifilm X-T2 face focus question
« on: February 08, 2019, 01:35:10 pm »

On my X-T2 I have face detection with eye focus activated and works mostly ok.
I cannot figure it out though if it's possible to toggle between the detected faces for focus, for example if it should focus on the background detected face instead of the foreground which it usually does, appropriately so. Any ideas?

TommyWeir

Re: Fujifilm X-T2 face focus question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 02:09:19 pm »

I don't believe that's possible.  A firmware update might provide it at some point, it would be handy to use the joystick.

MBehrens

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 02:37:56 pm »

The X-T3 will be getting this in April. Maybe it will make it to the X-T2, but I would not hold my breath.

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t3-autofocus-april-firmware-3-0-vs-current-x-t3-firmware-video-but-will-be-we-able-to-toggle-between-faces/

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 01:19:55 pm »

The X-T3 will be getting this in April. Maybe it will make it to the X-T2, but I would not hold my breath.

Nor would I.  I don't know whether it's the new sensor, the new processor or, as I suspect, the combination of the two, but the X-T3 offers a quite substantial improvement over the X-T2 in all autofocus functions—particularly quicker acquisition and more accurate tracking—and the newer hardware apparently provides Fuji's software developers with considerably more headroom to add functionality, as well, such as switching targets in face-detect.  Autofocus performance is why I popped for the upgrade, and I haven't been disappointed.  While I haven't attempted to do any rigorous comparison testing, my AF hit rate with the X-T3 is significantly higher than with its older brother—and I'm afraid I can't attribute that to any improvement in my technique.

TommyWeir

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 11:42:04 am »

I stuck with the X-T2, tempted as I was by the autofocus and video capabilities.

I'm holding out for the X-T4 I guess.

MBehrens

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 07:39:00 pm »

I stuck with the X-T2,

Stuck.. I'd say blessed!

I've seen some sites saying the X-T3 has diminished DR from the X-T2. Is this true and if so is it substantive?

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 09:08:40 pm »

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t3-autofocus-april-firmware-3-0-vs-current-x-t3-firmware-video-but-will-be-we-able-to-toggle-between-faces/

I doubt this will happen for the X-T2 as what I've read is that the improvement in AF in the X-T3 is directly related to the new, faster processor, not just the new sensor. 
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up