Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ancient paper profiles  (Read 970 times)

bwana

ancient paper profiles
« on: February 07, 2019, 11:02:34 am »

I was cleaning out my basement and found a box with printer papers. Ancient papers like Lumijet Genuine PEarl II, Epson professional glossy, epson premium glossy, epson photo quality banner paper, and epson premiun glossy film.
I called epson and they were no help - they said just to use the profiles installed in the driver. I guess that means
photo paper glossy or ultra premium photo paper glossy.
I also contacted hahnemule and they said lumijet hasnt been produced for 6 years so there is nothing available.
I guess I'll just have to profile this paper or use epson ultrapremium photo paper luster. Has anyonyone used these papers with a p800?

I.T. Supplies

Re: ancient paper profiles
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 11:22:23 am »

Since they are pretty old papers, there may not be a proper ICC profile for them and it's best to either use a standard profile from the printer drivers or have a custom profile created (if you wanted/needed).

Lumijet Genuine Pearl II  -  Epson Luster  (Pearl is normally a soft sheen)
Epson Professional Glossy, Premium Gloss and Premium Glossy Film - Glossy setting
Epson Photo Quality Banner Paper - Enhanced Matte:  I read it's a matte finish on someones site that may have carried it before)
(Epson Photo Quality Banner Paper Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper is a bright white, coated paper ideal for printing newsletter, flyers, reports or special presentations containing photos or graphics. Its smooth matte finish means you get bright colors and dark text.)

All of the standard settings should be loaded with the printer drivers upfront.
Hope this helps.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 12:02:42 pm »

Newer Epson, older papers; make your own custom profiles or have them made IF you've got enough paper to warrant the expense. You can't use an older profile for a printer that wasn't built yet.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 05:02:42 am »

I was cleaning out my basement and found a box with printer papers. Ancient papers like Lumijet Genuine PEarl II, Epson professional glossy, epson premium glossy, epson photo quality banner paper, and epson premiun glossy film.
I called epson and they were no help - they said just to use the profiles installed in the driver. I guess that means
photo paper glossy or ultra premium photo paper glossy.
I also contacted hahnemule and they said lumijet hasnt been produced for 6 years so there is nothing available.
I guess I'll just have to profile this paper or use epson ultrapremium photo paper luster. Has anyonyone used these papers with a p800?

Check which papers have a similar spectral reflectance curve in SpectrumViz and could have a media preset and OEM or paper supplier ICC printer profile available for your printer. URL for SpectrumViz at my signature.  The spectral reflectance is not the total base for creating a printer profile but has an influence, behavior of the ink together with the inkjet coating will be more important. Nevertheless the spectral reflectance + the weight of the papers often have been good indicators that papers are identical and printer profiles exchangeable.

That does not give you custom profiles for your specific printer but many users do not have that either.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Pages: [1]   Go Up