Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panoramic viewer for Wordpress  (Read 6382 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Panoramic viewer for Wordpress
« on: February 07, 2019, 07:33:11 am »

I am thinking about adding a panoramic viewer to a Wordpress website.
Does anybody has experience with Wordpress pano viewers and which plugin would you recommend?

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
Re: Panoramic viewer for Wordpress
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 06:57:30 am »

Panopress works.
Elegantthemes had an article in thier blog giving overview of most such plugins.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 07:53:23 am »

I am thinking about adding a panoramic viewer to a Wordpress website.
Does anybody has experience with Wordpress pano viewers and which plugin would you recommend?

Hi,

Pano2VR apparently has a Wordpress plugin: https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/6/cms-wordpress/

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 12:18:55 am »

Thank you, Bart and Michael, I'll look at both products.

EDIT:
I looked at the latest Pano2VR which seems like a workable solution.
It supports viewing of single panoramas, navigation between images/VR tours for multiple panoramas, and it runs also as a plugin from a Wordpress site.
Unfortunately, it appears that the plugin works only with the self-hosted WordPress publishing platform (wordpress.org). It doesn't work on wordpress.com sites.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:42:08 pm by LesPalenik »

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 07:50:01 am »

I run Panopress on self-hosted Wordpress, used it with multiple themes, it works;)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 11:46:49 pm »

That's great, Michael, thank you.

hermankrieger

• Photo Essays in Black and White
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 12:41:31 pm »

Panorama photos made with the Russian Horizont camera-
"The Big Country, Panorama of Southeastern Oregon",
http://members.efn.org/~hkrieger/panorama.htm

Martina_perez

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 01:31:56 pm »

Thanks! I will need it when I make my own WordPress website.

legardaas

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 01:33:50 pm »

This Horizont camera seems pretty cool and unusual. I looked it up, and there are not that many of them available. The unusual rotating lens must be rather expensive and difficult to handle. Anyways, I like the pictures a lot; thanks for sharing! Do you know a place I can buy such a camera from?
If I had to make my own website, I would probably choose the WordPress platform too. It’s easy to use and great for blog posts. However, it is not as cool for eCommerce websites as Atwix. They use Magento technology from Adobe to make websites more comfortable for the users and the owners.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 03:30:32 pm by legardaas »

ethanklein

• Digital Marketing Manager
    • CrecenTech Systems Private Limited
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2023, 03:07:59 am »

There are several panoramic viewer plugins available for WordPress that allow you to display 360-degree panoramic images on your website. Here are the steps to add a panoramic view to your WordPress site:

Choose a panoramic viewer plugin: Some popular panoramic viewer plugins for WordPress include WP VR – 360 Panorama and Virtual Tour Creator for WordPress, PanoPress, and WP Photo Sphere. Install and activate the plugin of your choice from the WordPress plugin repository.

Upload your panoramic image: Once you have installed the plugin, upload your panoramic image to your WordPress media library.

Create a new post or page: Create a new post or page where you want to display your panoramic image.

Insert the panoramic image: In the post or page editor, click on the panoramic viewer plugin button to insert the panoramic image. Depending on the plugin you are using, the button may be labeled as "Add Panorama" or "Add VR Image." Select the image you uploaded in step 2.

Customize the settings: Depending on the plugin you are using, you may have different customization options available. Some common options include choosing the initial view of the panorama, setting the size of the viewer, and adding captions or descriptions.

Publish your post or page: Once you have customized the settings to your liking, publish your post or page. Your panoramic image should now be visible on your WordPress site.

Remember to test your panoramic viewer on different devices and browsers to ensure it works correctly. Additionally, make sure you have permission to use the panoramic image on your website template, and consider optimizing the image for web use to ensure faster load times.
I am a professional Digital Marketer in a technology company.
Pages: [1]   Go Up