Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: canon 5d pentaprism  (Read 3072 times)

alexandra penney

canon 5d pentaprism
« on: October 31, 2006, 06:44:54 pm »

--a friend who wanted to see my lens took it out of my 5d, and apparently jiggled it somehow in trying to put it back and a flat plastic rectangle fell out of the body...now, when i look thru the viewfinder i see two blackish lines and nothing else. can anyone tell me what this is, and, if possible, how to repair it myself? thanks so much

marcmccalmont

canon 5d pentaprism
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 08:18:20 pm »

It is your focusing screen that is user replaceable. when you buy one from Canon (like the grid focusing screen) you get a tool which helps remove and insert it. But the tool is not necessary you will see a rectangular metal carrier that is hinged. the screen sits in it and it snaps into place. Just keep it clean before replacing it.
Marc
Marc McCalmont

alexandra penney

canon 5d pentaprism
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 11:16:21 pm »

It is your focusing screen that is user replaceable. when you buy one from Canon (like the grid focusing screen) you get a tool which helps remove and insert it. But the tool is not necessary you will see a rectangular metal carrier that is hinged. the screen sits in it and it snaps into place. Just keep it clean before replacing it.
Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83142\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

alexandra penney

canon 5d pentaprism
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 11:18:31 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83161\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
marc, thanks so much for the info, it will be put to use
tomorrow morning as i put the screen back in! ap
Pages: [1]   Go Up